When is the best time of day to text a girl for a date?

It is 9am here and I feel it will come off as too early. I was thinking wait for the afternoon, when she might be more relaxed and it won't come off as desperate.

It is almost 5 pm here. Should I call her or just text? what is your verdict...

Most Helpful Girl

• i think waiting until the afternoon is good

i had a guy text me at 7am to ask if I wanted to hang out

it was a little weird

What Girls Said 4

• mid after-noon a couple of days before you want to take her out. NEVER the day of if it is your first date...and at least the day before if it is your second and maybe first date. I am southern, so I appreciate it when a guy asks me on a date and has the place he wants to eat at in mind especially when it isn't last minute. I almost always say no if it is the last minute and I don't care how much I like ya. I can't stand for a guy to say, it's your choice. First it isn't because I don't know how much money you are wanting to spend and second I like things to be a bit old fashioned. She may not be like that, but in the south we usually are. Another thing, if you can call her and ask her then do that...even a voice mail is better than a text when asking out a girl on a date. 9am is a no no though lol If you are asking her on a date for tonight then ask her around lunch time so she doesn't make other plans first. If you ask her around 4-6 chances are she has plans. If she is a normal person she isn't sitting around waiting on you or any guy.

• late afternoon-early evening is a good time I would say

• I'm not even up at 9am that's a bit early for me.. I'd say around 4-8pm then you'll know she'll be up, done school or whatever errands she might have.

• since it's almost 5, I think that's a good time to get in contact with her

i would text her though

What Guys Said 1