Why would a man who calls himself a Christian be on dating sites while in a relationship?

Almost three years into relationship and I find this out? After so many put downs about how imperfect I am or would be in "Gods" eyes? What in the world is going on in his mind and heart?

Most Helpful Girl

• This happened to one of my best friends, not the dating site thing, but the Christian man pointing the finger at her. They were married & he was holier than thou! And she was/is a good woman. Know what? He cheated! Yep! Cheated. They divorced, of course, because it all came out & there was more to it. The moral of the story is, he who professes too much about how wonderful they are & how bad you are, usually has something to hide. Remember that.

What Guys Said 4

• It has never happened in the history of the world, that a christian has also been a hypocrite.

Oh wait, no, I meant the exact opposite of that.

• The simple fact that he would put you down and say you are "imperfect in God's eyes" qualifies him as a hypocritical scumbag in my book. I say don't even bother trying to figure him out. Just leave him.

• Maybe he's Newt Gingrich, I don't know. A lot of religious people are hypocrites who don't practice what they are always preaching. That's not a surprise, is it? Check to see what else he is doing that wouldn't be considered 'Christian.'

• Unfortunately hunni the reason he does it is for one simple reason. He's a Man.

What Girls Said 4

• The same reason any other man would get on a dating site while maintaining a long term relationship. He's still keeping his options open.

The thing about Christianity is - people are always sinning. That's why you have to ask for forgiveness. Regardless of a person's religion (no matter how much of a hypocrite they might be about it) all people are flawed, and prone to making bad decisions. I'm not trying to justify it. This is just how I see it. If someone is putting you down and picking at your shortcomings, perhaps you should be the bad Christian and find your own dating site to join. You can pray about it later.

• Exactly what anon said, he's a hypocrite. They generally are, the ones you see March up to the front of the church so that everyone will see them, constantly preach their religion like we all need to know, are all piety and virtue but behind it all they are just the same as the rest of us, except they're worse. Most of us don't preach at people because we know none of us are

perfect.

Some people who are religious are everything one could hope for in another human being but some are also completely the opposite and just hid behind "i'm a good Christian", the holier than thou types.

Religion does not make the man. You can be agnostic, atheist, catholic, protestant, Muslim,

Jewish, or Jedi, it doesn't matter, if you're scum you're scum.

• he is using religion to chain you down while he is having a good time

• Many people claim themselves as a Christian,but don't really apply what the religion taught them in their daily life.When you ask the answer they gave is ermmm nobody is perfect.