Dating best friend's brother? Good or bad thing?

Me and my best friends brother seem interested in each other. I know she knows he likes me and I know he likes me because I accidentally saw a text he sent her about me while we were hanging out together. I don't know if he knows I saw the text or if I know he likes me. He lives far away so I haven't seen him since the first meeting. I had a good time with him when I was with him and we just keep in touch through Facebook and recently text. I like talking to him and we're going to see each other in a couple months for my friends birthday so we just keep talking about that when we first texted each other, now we are getting to know each other.

The thing is, my friend knows all about my dating history and probably have a judging attitude on my dating/relationship life. She mentioned one time of me and him dating and was very supportive of it and liked the idea. But since then I have dated other guys and she's been with me through them by talking about them. Since her birthday is coming up, I don't want to get into a relationship with her brother or do anything that would mess things up but I think we're both attracted to each other but I also don't want to mess up my friendship with her. I'm confused on this.

Most Helpful Guy

• it not a gr8 idea...coz its a double gamble...in such a situation you get double or nothing!

if you two get along well then u'll get a boyfriend plus your frnd will get closer 2u but after a while if you realized that you two can't stay with each other then u'll lose both boyfriend and your frnd...!

What Guys Said 1

• It is a bad idea and will lead to difficulty down the line with your friend and his brother. A good friend is way harder to find than a boyfriend.

What Girls Said 1

• If you really love him and your best friend knows you are a good girl .. she shouldn't get mad or ruin your relationship with her. The only situation in which your friendship with her would deteriorate is if she doesn't trust you or she doesn't think you are good enough for her brother.. But if you are all good and she trusts you then you shouldn't worry :) .. I do advise you though to talk to her first about it , you know as a sign of trust in her.. and she will feel that you actually care about her feelings and your relation with her.. see what she says , then act upon it :)