Going to a wedding with a girl I'm "dating" tomorrow. Any tips suggestions etc?

I haven't been to a wedding since last September when I was actually in the wedding party etc..this time I'm just going to the wedding as my girls date. I don't know how to act or behave as I've only ever known what it was like to actually be in the wedding itself. What do I do?

The date didn't happen. She got ill

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it depends on how well you know her family/other guests. Unless you're really comfortable and confident around these people, I'd steer clear of any potentially offensive jokes at the dinner table, but honestly, don't stress. Be a gentleman, but don't forget to enjoy yourself. Weddings are celebrations! They're happy times :) Congratulate the bride and groom, and make sure that you dance with your girl at the reception. If she likes you enough to ask you to be her date, then she has full confidence that you'll do just fine! Good luck, and have fun :)

• I asked her to be her date. She was going to go with her brother, I just got the nerve to ask her

• Still, she could have said no on the grounds that she'd promised to keep her brother company. She didn't have to say yes. :)

• True

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say first off be yourself of course, congratulate the bride and groom and have a good time. Weddings are a celebration of love so have fun with your girl and mingle with other guests! Good luck :)

• Just act pleasant and respectful. No need to worry about attending the function. If you are not in the wedding party then there is no sweat. If you are going to be in the wedding party then simply do as your told. Be polite, be respectful and that is all anyone can expect of you.

• you don't say "pretty soon that will be us" and then everything will be fine (;

What Guys Said 1

• Having been a 'plus one' to several weddings, I'd say go all out. Be respectful, but have a few drinks, go out dancing and meet as many people as possible. The shy guys are always a little bit awkward so this is an opportunity to have a little fun and get to know your date some. Your date will appreciate you trying to get to know her friends. Good luck!