Going to Prom?! Should I or not?

I'm a senior in high school and I want to go to prom but have no one to ask! There are no cute girls at my school and none that I'm interested in getting to know. There is one but she is occupied with another guy. I keep telling my friends I probably won't go because it's too expensive as an excuse. What should I do?

Some background info:

-Asian in an a school where it is less than 3% Asian.

-Low self confidence from being overweight until this year.

-Not very articulate.

-Wanting to approach someone worthwhile bt can't find anyone.

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't worry about finding a date. Just go, you will regret it if you don't go. Trust me, this is a girl who almost talked herself out of going to her prom and ended up going to 4(not all mine of course :P). I don't regret going. I am happy I went. Because now when my kids ask me what prom is like I can tell them. Who cares if you have no date. Just go with a huge group of friends. Trust me, there will be girls who do the same and have no dates. Ask a girl from another school, lots of people did that.

It's not the end of the world if you don't have a date. Trust me, I never had a date for any proms. And I was fine. I had a good time with my friends, and I am glad I went. Go to an afterparty after prom. That is when the real fun starts!

What Guys Said 1

• if your friends don't have dates, you should go with them as a group.

After prom too!