How do you get a guy to contact you more?

I have been dating this guy for about 6 weeks. Things were great for about 4 weeks until he quit his job. He used to send me at least one message a day however during his last week of work, our contact slowly diminished and I had to wait 5 days for a response from him. He apologized for slipping off the radar and said his last week had been really hectic and he needed a couple days to think about his next direction. He came over that night and spent the night and everything seemed back to normal.

However the morning when he left, I asked when he was free next and he said he would check his schedule and get back to me. He never did, so about 4 days later I sent him a text saying I was out of town but returning the next day. Its been 2 days and no response.

Disappearing once I could forgive, but twice... is just annoying. This is just a casual thing and I would like to keep it, but only if this disappearing act stops. What can I say/do to increase his contact with me?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You probably can't, sounds like he's headed in another direction. I wouldn't bother...

• That's what I figured... I enjoyed spending time with him and would have liked to continue seeing him casually, but only hearing from him once a week just makes it more frustrating then fun. I guess its time to cut the cord. Thanks.

• No problem, wish someone would have given me the same advice a year ago... Good luck!