Let me know if I'm wrong about going on dates?

I feel that a Guy shouldn't pay unless he wants too or if him and the girl split it or if they pay next time. I have trust issues, I feel what if the girl just wants free food? What if I don't get a call back or second date? What if I don't want to pay anymore will she find someone else? What if she's got someone else in the background she's sleeping with or etc. I feel better not paying for a girl for these reasons. I feel we should just get to know each other for free. Let me know what all of you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Let me know if I'm wrong about going on dates? I disagree with your concept. I don't think it's wrong as long as it's not illegal it's not wrong to me.

To me whoever ask for the date, pays for the date.

2. I feel what if the girl just wants free food? Then don't ask women out for dinner if you think they will just freeload off you. Plenty of other free and cheap date options.

Probably best to work out those trust issues before dating.

3. What if I don't get a call back or second date? So it's an investment thing where if you spend any amount of money on a girl you expect something in return...o.O...why not try a hooker or an escort?

* Side-note for girls: That question is exactly why you should always pay half so the guy doesn't think you owe him sex/relationship/whatever he wants. Don't trust a guy to pay anything for you without him thinking he's buying you <- that "don't trust" bit is from several male cops*

4. What if I don't want to pay anymore will she find someone else? Then she's a moocher.

5. What if she's got someone else in the background she's sleeping with? So. Most people date and sleep with multiple people. Let her know upfront you're not one of those people.

6. Let me know what all of you think? Do free dates where no one has to pay except for transportation to the location.

What Girls Said 3

• Girls tend to spend a lot of time and effort (sometimes money!) from their hair to their makeup and clothes when it comes to going on a date. As a women, I think its right to offer to pay for dinner when I'm with a guy, but if he lets me pay I probably wouldn't go back out with him. I'm not mean or a bitch, but it is nice to know that a guy actually wants to be out with me. After dinner, I'll pay for coffee or whatever else we decide to do next to be fair. It's totally fine to go on a free date with a girl, like a free concert or something, but dating is all about give and take. Put forth some effort. Some people will like you, some wont, and any girl who is worth it won't take advantage of you. Don't let bad experiences ruin it for you for all girls, and don't be jaded when you take them out. Have fun and treat it like it is; a way to get to know someone better.

• This should just be expressed in a matter-of-fact manner before meeting up. You should work on those trust issues! Not too sure how many girls want to go on a date because she is starving to death for one. If you don't get a call back, well, this is life, full of disappointments.

Karma You will receive what kind of energy you put out!

• Men are so attractive when they are constantly assuming women to be nasty, cold hearted, selfish, money hungry, greedy bitches.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but males and females have a biological role to play out in this life if they want to pass and their genetic codes. Males compete against each other for mates, and women choose the best mates. If you want to step out of life's competition that's fine, but obviously you do want to find a mate, so I would suggest you have a bit more confidence in your own ability as a potential mate, and trust what ever women you find interesting, to see you for the catch you are, and show her what her biology desires from you in the beginning, a kind provider and protector.

What Guys Said 1

• You're perfectly okay saying that you both pay your way, but this should be said in advance.

I mean, what if she thought you were paying and didn't bring enough money? That'd be terribly embarassing for her.

So long as you make yor intentions clear at the outset, it should be okay.

There's a difference between "Would you like to get dinner with me?" and "Can I take you out to dinner?"