Have you ever dated someone for a long period of time and then just stopped seeing them?

Did you ever date someone whom you saw everyday for years straight and then it just ended suddenly and harshly? no communication... just over... no texts, no emails, no phone calls, not even a sighting around town... they are just gone...

if so how do you cope with this situation? I know time passes and feelings fade, but for years straight they were part of your life.

I personally can't get her out of my head no matter how hard I try. everyday I think about her. I know towards the end she caused me more pain then love and I know now we were both young and immature.

I have no idea what I would say to her if I ever saw her again. I guess only time will tell. It is a small world and it is quite possible that our paths will cross again, but I'm not counting on it. Funny enough I know I could contact her through the internet, but where is the fun in that?

Has anyone else ever gone through a situation quite like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I once dated a guy for around a year then it ended and we both went our separate ways and haven't spoken in 4 years, maybe even 5 years. I had known him for years before we started dating but the break up was for the best because we just weren't right for each other. I met someone else about 6 months later and that helped me to really move on. But now, I have been dating that guy for over 3 years and we are currently going through a break up and live together, but as soon as I get my own place I will have to cut him out of my life because he really hurt me and I just can't move on with him around all the time. He wants to remain friends but I can't get over what he did to me and it is time for a fresh start.

I actually don't know how I will deal with this because we were really close all these years and he helped me through some rough times. I guess I will just take it one day at a time and as I have new experiences and make new friends my thoughts of him will become less and less.

What Girls Said 2

• I did. I can't get him out of my head. I see him like every 3 or 4 months and afterwards I dream with him. It has make me quite a mess cause I still love him. Feelings haven't fade and its been almost a year now.

How do I deal with it?

keep on walking? breathing? I try not to think about it even if almost everything reminds me of him.

• Slightly.

I only dated the guy for two months, but we were in love, and it was unbelievably beautiful. All we did was talk to each other. We left everyone else out.

But during the Summer he just stopped. :/

If it helps, I'm not over him ,and it's been 9ish months.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, honestly just a few days ago. She said she would get out of my life to make me "happy"? which totally sucks. Just try and find another girl, it's really only the one thing you can do if they completely refuse to talk to you.

• Well thanks but I was thinking of a longer time span possibly 5-10 years without communication after seeing each other everyday for like 6 years.

• Ohhhhh, haha my bad.