This girl texted me late last night because she "couldn't sleep".

I only talked to her for a little but she asked how my day was, etc. I felt like I was a d*** because I really wanted to sleep so I told her I was going to pass out sometime soon. She just said that I need the sleep and goodnight. This is the first time she's ever done this. Good or bad?

Alright update for everyone. Yes I like this girl. She's never referred to me directly as a friend. Her friends and family do know about me. We've known each other for around 10 months but there is a distance between us so it's hard to meet up. Weve been seeing each other more often recently though. We met up several days ago when she drove down to where I lived and we spent the day together. I haven't been good at showing her how I feel. I'm really closed around her and sometimes I can be cold.
If you look on my profile all my recent questions are all about her
Hey why don't I make a move on her next time I see her then I'll tell you all if she liked me as just a friend or more.

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I would take this as a sign that she likes you. But judging by the responses in this thread. It shows the difference between men and women. All the guys take this as flirting, the girls see it as just being friendly. Girls you need to not do things like this to guys you have no romantic interest in. Its leads them on and causes problems.

Any time you show a guy out of the ordinary attention, he's going to think one thing - "she wants my d***". Sorry ladies it is what it is. Your walking on fire so be careful with what you say or do.

• I can see that. I'm kinda like this with guys. Obv I'm not thinking 'they want my d***' but if I think they're being more friendly than usual I'll take it as a sign they like me. Sucks when I find out they really don't :/

What Girls Said 13

• Depends on your definition of good. If being her friend is good to you, then this is good. If you are talking about whether she likes you romantically, there is not enough here to go off of.

Texting is a very non-threatening, easy form of communication and I have seen people text out of boredom, just to have something to do. So, if you like her, text her during the day and ask her out soon. Good luck!

• Just to clarify what some of the guys have said in this response about booty call or whatever term you want to use, I don't think all girls text late at night just because they are after something. My best friend, whom I've know from 14 years and is male, is someone I regular text late at night, but we are not (never have been and never will do) romantically involved or anything along those lines. The texting works both ways, i.e. sometimes he text me at 3am or something crazy (in which case I never hear anyway as I'm in deep sleep).

Anyway, to answer the question about good or bad. It's probably good and nothing to worry about. You said you were tired, so it's cool that she said goodnight - anyway, most people would get the message that you need to sleep if you say you are going to pass out etc. I wouldn't worry too mch about this. If she's going to get upset about something like this, then she probably needs to be less self-centred and realize other people have lives and need sleep. The only thing you haven't said in your question is whether this is the first time you told her you need sleep?

• I'm asking if it's good like is it a good sign she has feelings for me

• Friend zoned for 14 years. Sounds like hell.

• Lol! I guess the point is yes men and women can be "just friends", so being friends with a guy for 14 years is no big deal. As for it sounding like hell, do guys really want to be friends with girls only to develop a relationship with them? The majority of my friends are male, and I don't fancy most of my male friends.

• It's pretty good. Out of all the people she could text, she texted you - that's a good sign. It means that she was thinking of you :)

• I would do this to a guy friend that I love to talk with. If I had a crush on a guy, I definitely wouldn't text him saying I couldn't sleep.

• yeahh, I definitely wouldn't text a guy I wasn't a little interested in hahaha

definitely make a move and see how she feels about you(:

• Well, I text random guys at night all the time lol.. just because I'm bored. Like, I go through my contacts and pick someone to talk to. Could be a good sign though, she was probably thinking about you :)

• I think it's good, she couldn't sleep so she wanted to talk to you :)

• Uh, because she likes you. Probably. I'm 90% sure. At the very least she finds you attractive.

• I wouldn't read to far into it...

• It's nice that she though tof you to text. Are you guys good friends or just acquaintances? Too early to tell if she likes you or she just considers you a friend.

• Definitely a good thing! It's hard to say if she likes you or just thinks of you as a friend, but she definitely thinks favorably of you. :)

• Because she wants some shmooo shmooo.

• I'd say texting people when you can't fall asleep is a fairly common thing to do.

She was thinking about you, at the very least.

What Guys Said 7

• Its strange that a lot of guys aren't picking up on signs girls are giving them.

DUDE. JUST GO FOR IT BRO.

I swear, girls don't do this stuff for me anymore lol, college has changed that. Now I have to work at getting girls as opposed to before when they would come to me first. Dawg she obviously feels safe with you or she wouldn't even bother picking up the phone and texting you.

now if it was a mass text you're out of luck, but if you know for a fact that she specifically wanted to talk to you, you better believe you better get off your ass and set up a date with her. Just ask her if she wants to go f***ing grocery shopping with you for Pete's sake, she'll go in an instant I'm betting. Then catch some yogurt later of course.

• Well, I think she was open to talk to you then. But since you were ready to crash, she let you go.

Try setting something up so you two can see each other. And if you really like her, just act cool, have a good time, and try making a move.

If she doesn't feel the same way, she'll pull back. If she doesn't mind it, she'll let it happen.

Take the risk.

• She was thinkin of your mushroom tip homie.

• bad, she probley bored and your last on her mind

• She was thinking of you so she couldn't sleep. Then she decided to talk to you

• why don't you just ask her out? in the sense of dating not hanging out.

• Apparently, some girls consider texting out of the blue late at night, to not be a sign of a booty call.

Go figure.

I'd always assumed it was.