Online Dating... Is He Interested? What's his deal?

Would a guy stay in touch and talk to you every day for 13 months through an online dating site if he weren't interested? We live in different cities and he's all over the country with his job. However, he stays in touch but it's really nothing personal when he talks...I don't understand. I'm 19 and he's 26.

Guys...what's his deal?

Well I guess I should expand on this story...when we first started talking he did live by me and we were going to meet; however, he got transferred and moved back to his home town. He does say he wants to meet some day but just doesn't have the time. So I think I'm just wasting mine actually...he has told me he has too much going on for a relationship so I'm pretty sure it's just a friend thing...he definitely blows hot and cold and keeps me guessing.
Well here's the new glitch...he hadn't been talking so after a couple days I sent him a message to say hi and hope everything is going well...his response, "I will start talking again one day. I am busy and just have too much on my mind. Take care. Is that the ultimate brush off or what? I'm so confused.
Well I messaged him back and told him okay but that I might not be around when he's ready to talk and told him to take care too...what a waste of time and the loss of a friend. I'm bummed but I will get over it...the weird thing is, he kept my message and didn't delete it so maybe does just need space. Well, guess I'll find out "one day."

Most Helpful Girl

• You would think he would be interested eventually for talking to you that long. I've had some experience with online dating and I really don't believe everyone who is on dating sites is there beccause they want to find their soul mate or date. I think there are tons of lonely people who go on just about every dating site just to chat with whoever, which might be the case with you. You say yourself he really doesn't say anything personal when he talks to you. I think he might just really enjoy your online company and you jeep him from being lonely. An internet penpal if you will.

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds like her genuinely likes you and if possible I'm sure he would be asking you on a date/try to develop a relationship BUT with his work, schedule, and distance it's very hard for him so he is forced to keep it as friends for now, I'm sure its not because he wants to. That is also why he "blows hot and cold", he's probably tempted to display a lot of attraction to you and wants to try really hard to meet up with you but every time he does he realizes it would be way too difficult to achieve.

• If he travels a lot for his job and has never visited you in 13 months, something isn't right.

If you want to see him, tell him he should visit. If he continues to make excuses to not visit you, he may not be comfortable with meeting up with you for reasons I don't know.

• Sounds like he's definitely fond of you but taking the distance into consideration as well as the fact that you've never met, and if he says he can't handle a long distance relationship which is basically what you're already doing, I personally don't think you should take it too seriously.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes Hun

Basically he is saying "dont call us , well call you."Forget about this guy.

• I can tell that you want us all to say that he's interested. But listen, if a guy is lonely, if he doesn't really have a social life or he's not getting enrichening bonds from people, he will make the time to get online and talk to someone who makes him feel desirable. If he travels all ove the country for his job, then that would make it make even more sense because he probably gets very lonely. I think he's just lonely and doesn't have many friends so he likes to talk to you

• your nickname is cute by the way 'frenchie' lol like that girl off of Greece with the hair?

• at your Q update,

you seem like you just really want to believe that he wants to be more than friends but he's made it clear he doesn't. so let it go.