Is it really THAT bad??

ok, now I need to know if a 16 year old, seeing a 21 year old is bad? I know its tabbo right now, but look at it this way, whe the chick is 18, he will be 23... that's not even half as bad. so why can't it be acceptable when she's 16? yes I know som of you will be seeing it asw he is a preditor or w/e, but what if I told you that he was the one who said he didn't wana have sex till she was 18? I just need some help pleesssee

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm afraid I also question this ethic. I've seen spans as much as 12 years between partners which means that the guy was 18 when his wife was 6.

15 is the cut off point for anybody over 18 in my opinion to acctually date, the thing that people need to understand is there is a difference between dating and having sex. At 16, to date a 21 year old, I don't think much of it, particurally when he says he doesn't want sex until she's 18.

If schools would acctually invest in sex ed it wouldn't be such a big deal after a while. The biggest issue is a lot of kids at 15, 16, 17 think they know everything there is to know about sex and in reality they really don't, if sex ed was standardized everybody would be a lot better off...

So, I appolgize for my mini rant, in short I don't think it's bad at all, I don't give it a second thought.

What Guys Said 3

• YES. BAD. REALLY.

YES, like predatory. Soooooo...

1) Hold breath for two years and then answers don't lead to jail time.

2) Keep pants on while holding breath.

3) Step and repeat

Good luck

• Well it's bad because the law says its bad, as in sex offender bad, as in jail bait bad, as in you may go to prison a virgin but your not going to come out as one, that kind of bad. It's the law follow it or bad things happen.

• love has no limits.. that includes age...exept when its 10yr old going out with a 18 year old

thats just wrong

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on the maturity of both people in the relationship and what the 16 year olds parents think of the relationship (only because they can put the 21 year old in jail) However when I was sixteen I dated a 21 year old for seven months. I was more mature, I did everything for him, I was attending college and I got him into college. He also lived with me... In that sense it worked but I got fed up with his neediness. Also it drove me crazy when he went out to bars till all hours of the night and his excuse was, if you were old enough I'd bring you with me. Oh and sweetie, a guy will say whatever he thinks you wanna hear to get into your pants... what he means is I don't wanna tell you I wanna have sex, but I do. If you go through with the relationship don't let yourself get too worked up over it, don't let yourself get hurt, it's more likeley to get hurt easily at sixteen.

• I think although it is against the law, it's how you feel. No one else should say if it is wrong or right. If you think it isn't and your parents have no problem with it, then its fine. You can't help your feelings, so I think as long as your parents are fine with it, and you are comfortable with being with him then yes it is fine.

• My mum would definitely not be ok with it. but I can't help my feelings and I'm just soo confused about it..

• Well, I know exactly how you feel. I am going through with the same thing. I say you have him wait until you are 18 or at least 17 to be with him. Tell some people about it though so if something bad happens.. you know? Just do whatever your heart tells you, if you make him wait and he waits, then it was meant to be. But if you love him, then be with him! No one can tell you different, other people may have a problem but only you know how he makes you feel.

• I am sorry to hear that about your mom. My mom encouraged me to go out with a 21 year old friend, she trusts him and me. and I am 17. I thought it was weird at first but she knows that he is a good guy and that he will take care of me.

• I have a similar situation, I'm your age, and he's 18, a freshmen in college, I say how you feel, and what kind of guy he is, if he's a playboy then try to not go for it, but i8f he's a truly nuce guy then go for it

• No he's definalty not a player.

he doesn't even wana do anything sexual, and I do lol

i don't think your situation is as bad as mine though lol

• i don't think it's right. when you are 16 and he is 21 there is a big difference then 18 and 23. when you are 16 you are still in high school, 21 he's just finishing college. the level of maturity is so different. plus it's just not legally right.

• I don't think you should do it. He is too old for you and you are not ready for a relationship at such a young age.

Spend time with your friends and have fun. Meet guys your own age and when you are ready.

Someone of the age of 21 can do so many more things than a 16 year old and they are going to want different things. I.e going to the pub etc.

You have plenty of time for meeting guys and getting in to a relationship.

I also don't belive that he is willing to wait