Can you take your own advice?

I've noticed giving advice is not the same thing as following it.

I've noticed some people can give it, but not follow it. especially their own advice.

I've noticed that I've given people advice that isn't very easy to follow, even tho I do believe its the best thing they can do, and understand that its not very easy to follow, I still don't understand why people can't just think rationally sometimes.

I've had to give the same piece of advice to several different people because they all seem to be in very similar situations.

and when I'm giving the advice, its pretty easy for me.

but then I've been in their situations, and I've known what I have to do, yet its not as easy to follow it as I'd expected.

so, I'm wondering, is this a pretty common thing or not?

can you give someone advice when looking at the situation from the outside and then follow your own advice when put in the in same situation?

• I can
  • I can most of the time
  • Sometimes yes, others no
  • I usually can't
  • I can't

Most Helpful Girl

• When giving advice we are able to look at the picture from the outside in.

This makes it easier for us, because we aren't the one in that circle.

When we find ourselves in that situation, its hard to realize exactly what is going on

because sometimes we don't see the whole picture.

I try my best to take my own advice and I can most of the time (although it is rather difficult).

I always try to look at the situation from someone elses point of view, and not be completely oblivious to what is going on around me.

Taking my own advice, means me being strong even when I don't want to.

Its hard sometimes...but I know my decisions are for the best.

What Girls Said 3

• No, I know better than to follow my own advice. I give horrible advice.

• I give great advice but I don't have the balls to do hem myself

But if I did I would be a much more happier person

• dam that sucks. that's why you need a hard ass like me to force you to follow the good advice!

• for the most part I think I can! But there are times where I couldn't..

What Guys Said 2

• I can most of the time, as I have a fairly high level of self-control. That being said, I don't always make the best choices for myself, even though I have feelings that I should be making a better selection given my options. You can give out good advice and not always be able to follow it 100% of the time because 100% of humans are fallible.

• It's funny because despite things I've said and done to try to help people that want it, I almost always fail to use the advice I gave to them. It's not something that's easy for me to do.