Can you truly love two people at once?

Can you TRULY romantically love two people at once? And not have stronger feelings for one over the other?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not only possible, it is typical, insofar as the chemical mechanism of love is concerned. You can google it for more info, but basically depending on where you are in a menstrual cycle your TRUE heart's desire gets biased one way or another.

Most days in a month the general tendency is to gravitate to somebody of a similar social and genetic background who is successful, kind to you and well-rounded. When you are ovulating, during the week when you are most likely to get knocked up, you will SOMEWHAT switch preference to men possessing exaggerated masculine traits and more of a complementary (different) social and genetic background.

This is nothing to be ashamed or feel guilty about - just nature's wicked ways.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes you can experience genuine care for more than one person. You can honestly be willing to give a kidney to two people, honestly imagine yourself marrying two different people, and love being around two people. The question here is can you experience true closeness and intimacy with more than one person? Not a chance. If you want to get serious and really connect to another person you have to do it one on one, in my experience.

• YES ... but this could mean that neither are The One for you! At least that's what I found out the hard way!

• can you explain what you mean by it meaning that neither are the one for you?

• neither WERE The One! I pursued both as fas as I could go, one into marriage only to find that no matter how much I believed I was in love with each, it was they that were not equally in love with me. It was that missing part in both that didn't allow a mutual, permanent lock between us AND later explained the confusion that allowed me to equally love both of them. I should have withdrawn, given them Best Friend status for life, then continued my quest for The One.

• No, but as a bloke I've sexually desired two people at once. Its very confusing and annoying for everyone involved. As a bloke I just have to go for one I feel I like the most and see how it pans out :-)

• Nah it is impossible, it could just be infatuation, Something that you think you may want be just don't want to lose, or you don't know what the hell you want.

• Just no. Impossible.

If someone thinks they can or had experienced it then it wasn't love.

• Why wasn't it?

• Because love is about focusing all your attention towards one person.

So if your attention is divided.. it means that you just have sympathies towards those people but it isn't love.

• Hard to believe to me. Being truly in love with someone is already rare and very taxing emotionally. I can't even see how loving two people could happen.

• Yes, its possible. I'm currently trying to decide between two women right now. Both have feelings for me and I like both of them. One way or another, I'm going to have to choose, because I can't do this forever.

• And you can honestly say you LOVE them both? You accept both of their flaws, you want only the best for both (even if that means you are not in their lives), you care about them as people?

Do you love them, as one would an infatuation or a friend, or do you honestly believe you are IN love with both of them, heart and soul?

• I honestly feel that I love both of them, but for different reasons. Both are really sweet girls who I've dated before, but am not currently dating, so I know what they are like. I have two good ex's in my life to choose from and how the heck am I supposed to know which one I like better? Honestly, I love them both.

What Girls Said 6

• Depends on who you ask. Our culture has trained us to say "no", because we are not supposed to love multiple people at once. We are a monogomous culture. However, if you go to a culture that practices Polygamy, they would tell you that they are able to love both (or more) of their partners fully.

• I think it may depend on your personality, but generally, I'm just gonna have to say that I don't think it's possible. Humans are designed to choose ONE mate. Kinda like penguins? I guess that's a bad example, but I just don't think it's possible to love two people EQUALLY. I mean, you can love your mom and your boyfriend equally, but its not the same kind of love.

• No. You can't love two people equally in my opinion. There must be some kind of difference in the love. If you can say you love one person but love another at the same time you obviously don't love one or either. Feelings can't be broken between two separate people.

Just my opinion.

If you are actually inlove with a person your feelings can't be the same for someone else.

• Entirely possible.

• Niope not at allni think one would be lust and the other love

• no. I don't think so. whatever it is its not love. may be lust.