Is it a turn-off if a girl really doesn't like talking on the phone?

I'm dating this guy, he's a little older than me, but he's old enough that he's less a part of the texting generation than I am. He texts most of the time, but every once in a while he uses the phone and I don't know why, I just get really flustered having conversations on the phone with guys, I'm fine calling and ordering a pizza or talking to my mother, but when it comes to talking to my significant other I just kinda freak out. Would this bother you?

• Yes, my girlfriend should be able to talk on the phone if I wanna chat.
  • No, if it makes her anxious, I have no problem with that.
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be thinking "thank god!"

I'm like you, I become completely nervous when calling a girl, even if I have no problem talking to her face to face.

This happens initially though. Once we are in a commited relationship, I'd prefer calling.

• but it doesn't get easier for me. and clearly my boyfriend is cool with phone, so he's not like you.

• Thing is that having a 5 min convo is cheaper than having the equivalent of the conversation through text.

• i think I got scared for life by my grandmother, I'm scared that I'll bore him and run out of interesting or funny things to say and he'll stop liking me.

What Guys Said 1

• It's actually a turn on.

• but what if the guy likes talking on the phone?

• Talk to him? I don't know. I don't sit there and talk to my friends on the phone about nonsense.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not a big fan of the phone either and my boyfriend's never complained. I think most guys would be relieved like sixstring because most guys don't really like talking on the phone all that much.

• but my boyfriend isn't most guys lol. he calls me.