To flush or not to flush?

So I was watching a movie the other day and there was a guy who was bringing his new girlfriend home to his parents. She said she had to use the bathroom, and the guy's parent was like 'only flush for number 2', or something along those lines.

I know I'm way over thinking this, but what would she do? If she flushed anyway, they would think she went number 2, and if she didn't, well, to me that would be weird.

I think I over thought this because I would be so confused if I were in a situation like this. I wouldn't want them to think I went number 2 by flushing, but I also wouldn't want to leave my business there by not flushing.

So my question is; to flush, or not to flush?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, if I was a guest in someone's house and they had a 'rule' like that for whatever reason, I'd just follow it and do as they said. I'd flush if I pooped or if it was period time and had to get rid of a used tampon and blood-tinged toilet water. Otherwise I'd leave it if that's what they preferred me to do.

At my friend's parents' house when we were growing up, they had the same rule, but only for at night. And I can kind of understand that because their bedroom is right next to the bathroom and the walls are thin. So when I stayed over, which was often, I just learned not to flush my pee at night, since any 'unnecessary' flushing would be loud and possibly wake her parents or keep them up. I got used to it, and don't think it's all that weird anymore. Especially since I'm like part of the family, I wasn't embarrassed that one of them might come across my pee and tp in the toilet in the middle of the night. =P

• In my house we generally don't flush pee either, so I can understand that, but I would just feel uncomfortable doing that at my new boyfriend's parent's house.

• I know, but I'm picky about which tampons I use, and the ones I use specify in the small print on the packaging that they're okay to flush. If I used 'super plus' absorbency tampons though, I'd be much more wary about it, lol, and probably wouldn't flush them even if the package said it was alright. =]

• Also though, in the 9 or so years that I've been using tampons, I've never had a tampon be the cause of a clogged toilet or anything like that. Needing a plunger after taking a crap and using too much toilet paper though, has and will happen every once in a while, lol.

What Guys Said 16

• If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down.

No way just kidding, flush it! flush it with water!

• I would have flushed it four times, and when they asked me why I would have said, "I only flushed it once for each time I filled it!"

• Its a silly expression to save on water usage. Ever heard this one: If its yellow, let it mellow. If its brown, flush it down. The theory being that urine is just water and can be left in there without causing a major stink in comparison to the other stuff. Either way, think of it this way. If you somehow have a bullyninja shove your head in the toilet you just did your thing in, do you really want to be forced to be drowning in either? Flush anyways. And yes, you are overpraising this. You need a hobby or a boyfriend. lmfao

• What is this "bullyninja" of which you speak?

• Excuse me?!? I didn't even mention anything about your "Active Imagination" or that "I know so much about your life". PS that whole thing is redonculous. Just flush everything. That is what I was saying.

• "And yes, you are overpraising this. You need a hobby or a boyfriend. lmfao"

Overpraising refers to my imagination, and thinking you know about my life comes from the fact that you said I need a hobby or a boyfriend. I think you were being rude. Thanks for the advice.

• Who would do that? Pee will smell?

Plus, girls use toilet paper after peeing... so if two girls pee without flushing, there can be enough toilet paper to clog the toilet.

Leave 3 pennies on top of the toilet to pay for the water and go ahead and flush.

• Some new toilets have dual flushes: a sort one with little water for liquid waste and a full flush for solid waste. Saves water over the years, plus it would send less through the pipes, though if that is a problem, it seems the solid waste would be a bigger problem than many water flushes.

• First of all; Thank god its only a movie...

But this is a no-brainer. When in someones house you follow their rules and if you don't want to follow those rules you leave the house. It is with other peoples homes as it is with other peoples countries. You follow their rules and if you don't like those rules then you leave. Its the proper thing to do.

• I'd pee in the sink. Problem solved!

• Flush. Always. That's just ridiculous.

• Weird family alert. Flush. To cover your tracks.

• It means only flush for number two...so if your going number two then flush but if your planning on going number one then don't use that toilet

• HAHAHA! Well...my wife has instituted that policy here..but not when we have company...and, even though female pee is extremely sexual to me, this is obviously not a sexual situation...the host family should be socially sensitive enough to realize that people will be uncomfortable with this situation and we would never think of leaving ours unflushed or asking you to do that either. That said, the host family makes the rules and if I was in that situation, I would honor their request..if it made me that uncomfortable I would likely not be a guest in their house again...(:

• Flush the evidence, to clear yourself of any wrongdoing. But seriously, flush. But what movie was that?

• She's Out of My League , cool movie :D the father said that they have pipe problems and that's why yhey don't flush

• lol but still... I'd just think that flushing a huge load of toilet paper and pee would be worst than indiviual flushes. I don't know though, I'm no plumber.

• its funny how the same part caught our attention haha

• haha yeah, now I don't feel as weird about overthinking movies.

• flush the f***ing toilet!

• Haha I would flush either way.

• Never flush, let others enter at their leisure to admire your work.

What Girls Said 5

• I would run the water in the sink and then flush.

• My fam used to do that to save on money. I flushed anyway.. I'm not leaving my piss in there. And I don't like pissing when there is someone else's piss in there. So I flushed, although they said not to when you just were peeing. Even though you wouldn't want them to think you took a dump I would do it anyway, who cares if they thought you took a sh*t. Plus if you were only in there for a second maybe they would just think you forgot what they said about not flushing.

So I say flush. F them.

• Always flush. Pee can stink too. And carry diseases or at least bacteria.

• Id flush even if it was just #1, cause that's kinda weird to just leave your pee ib your boyfriends toilet... Then when you come out be like oh crap, I forgot. Its just a habit to flush.

• I would flush either way. it's disgusting not to. why do they want my pee?