Girls, how often do you go on dates?

Do you go on a date with every guy that asks you? what stops you from going on a date with certain guys? What is your thought process that makes you say yes, what do you take into account?

How often do you go on a date that you think the guy will be great/or he was great but once the date is over you realize that it would never work?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I have just a little bit of interest in a guy, I give him a chance. Obviously, if I don't feel anything towards him, I wouldn't want to lead him on. I really believe there is a little spark of interest (perhaps not even physical) that makes someone worth giving a try.

I usually can tell if it isn't going to work out with a guy if I can't talk to him. So, in answer to your last paragraph, I have never realized post-date. Normally, I get bored about halfway through the date then realize it wouldn't work out.

• Lets say you were previously seeing a guy for a few months and then stopped because you felt like you weren't ready for a relationship, nothing was wrong with the relationship, you were actually very happy with him, you just weren't ready.

Would you go on a date with someone at any point during this time that you were ready for a relationship or would you want to wait till you were ready and go back to that guy?

• I feel like there's a big difference between dating and being in a relationship. If that were me and I really liked the guy who I was happy with, I'd get the "dating around" thing out of my system until I realized that I was missing out on a great guy who truly made me happy. Once I'd realize that through dating guys who weren't right then yea, I'd go back. And hope he'd take me back.

• Thanks for Best Answer!

What Girls Said 5

• As of yet, I have never said no to a first date. I think most guys deserve a chance, and if they have asked me on a date I have probably already shown an interest in them. If I knew I didn't see them that way at all, I wouldn't want to lead them on, but I might suggest spending time together as friends as see how we got on as just a pair. I wouldn't want to lead them on, but I do think most guys deserve a chance.

I have realized post-date that it wouldn't work out, often from too high expectations. Generally I would probably notice during the date if things weren't flowing or going well. But (especially with people I really fancy) it isn't until it's finished that we wouldn't work romantically (for various reasons, like better as mates or they turn out not-so-nice), even if the date went pretty well.

• ok I'll add this to it then...

you feel like your not ready because you were just in 3 year relationship (where he almost proposed to you) before you saw this guy for 4 months and he wants to be with you and isn't moving on any time soon, but not necessarily waiting for you.

• I'd try and see if the reason I wasn't ready for a relationship was because of him or just myself as an individual. If I wasn't ready for a relationship as a person, then no,I'd be less inclined to see other people as I doubt it woud progress anywhere and I would feel like I was leading them on. But, if I felt it was just the dynamics between me and him that made me feel not ready, then I might do. But I would probably hope (but doubt) things would change between me and the guy I liked originaly

• Definitely don't go out with every guy that asks me out. I don't go out with people I feel absolutely no attraction to unless we're both clear its just friends hanging out.

Plus I look for someone I click with.

Not that often, if it's not going to work out I always realize it way before

we go out

• The last time I went on a date was like when I was 14/15. After that no one asked me out for dates, just to "hang out."

The guys I went on dates with I didn't really see it going anywhere. I also have commitment problems and when I feel like I might try dating a guy I get scared and don't do it. That is one reason why I've never had a boyfriend.

• I've never been because no one has ever asked me

• I've never been on a date because I've never been asked.

What Guys Said 0