What do you think is an appropriate age to start dating?

Just wondering what all of you think :P I'm nearly 18 and my mother still thinks I'm too young and there's this guy I really like. It's out of the question to tell her though, she just shuts me down.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is completely dependent on the individual who wishes to date, and the person they wish to date as well. You can't peg it to a certain age. Because I don't know you personally, I can't judge if you are mature enough to have good discernment of the other person's character and whether or not you are selfless and giving enough to make a good girlfriend.

Assuming you aren't really immature or a bad judge of others, at 17, I would have no problem with my daughter dating if I had one. That being said, I'd be very interested in knowing what kind of guy she picks out, so there would be no avoiding that if you were my baby girl. :)

What Guys Said 6

• No one can answer this question for you

if you think its the age you wanna be dating and are ready to take the heatthen welcome abroad bt if I vr you I would listen to ma mum because usually parents are ryt

• 16 is a good age to be dating, and 18 is a good age to be sexually active.

• I think as you get older, what you think the appropriate age is gets higher as well lol. Like when I was 13, all my friends and I didn't see a problem with dating. Now I look at 13 year olds and think they're way to young for it haha. But right now, I think an appropriate age is around 15 :)

• Mid twenties for men, 18 and up for women.

• 17 18 is the right age I guess

• I think it has to do with how mature the person is and not how ol they are, but if your parents do not want you dating I do not know what you can really do aout that.

What Girls Said 0