Kiss on first date with someone you met online?

So I just met this girl I talked to on an online dating site. We went on a date and it last about 5 hours. We had a ton of fun even though the day didn't really go according to plan haha. When the date was ending I just gave her a hug and told her how I definitely want to see her again but I did not try for a kiss. After the hug I felt like there was a connection and she wanted a kiss but I didn't want to seem too aggressive seeing as we met online...

So was what I did good? Or should I have gone for the kiss? After the date I texted her saying I had a great time and she said she did also.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're good! She may have wanted to kiss, but as long as you keep showing you're interested, I don't think she'll feel insulted that you didn't try to kiss her. She'll interpret it as you being shy or respecting her, neither of which are terrible things.

What Girls Said 2

• i always believed and still do that a kiss is very special..so I wait until the time is right for me..that can be a first date or dates later

• Sounds good to me.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds a lot like the my first date with my last girlfriend (who I met online). She was adamant before that she probably wouldn't want to kiss on the first date, so we stood there at the end hugging. Honestly, she wanted me to kiss her, but I was too focused on respecting her wishes that I didn't realize until I was walking back to my car. It wasn't so bad. It gave us both something to look forward to on our next date.