Giving up on dating and relationships?

I honestly got tired of dating and relationships and most importantly tying to get a girlfriend. I just don't seem to be going anywhere, and it hits my self-esteem getting rejected constantly and also trying to be this prototype person that all women like. Women are also too confusing any ways, they are too much work and the worst is, is that ai almost never get rewarded for my efforts anyways.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you need to take a break from dating, take a break.

Discover yourself. Hang out with friends, get into your hobbies, follow your dreams...you're still young enough to make your biggest ones a reality. Be creative. Improve yourself in every way imaginable--whether physically (through exercise), socially, intellectually, etc.

In the meantime, if you want, continue approaching girls. No, you can't make a girl want to be your girlfriend...but you will get closer to that goal the more you put yourself out there. Stop letting rejection damage your self-esteem...it's not about you, it's about the girl and a snap judgment SHE'S making. She's missing her chance with you. And you're the man, the "decider" anyway...you get to decide if SHE'S good enough to be with you, not the other way around. If she walks away without getting to know you, she's obviously failed the test.

But again, if you need to, take a break. While you're working on yourself, something might magically happen...an awesome girl may come along and be powerfully attracted to your developing self-confidence. It happens all the time to guys who seek to improve themselves.

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah. Focus on yourself first. :) If you are looking for a serious relationship, love is not worth the rush. It requires patience and effort. And time will come when the right person will be there for you. Love is very much surprising.

• next time you decide to go on a date or talk with a girl just be yourself...that's what all girls like about boys...no lies just you-who you are and maybe then you might not get rejected as much as you used to. or maybe you just need a break :) take it easy..chill :)

• youre still young...your (dating)life hasn't even started yet! :P

try to focus on other things like family, friends or carrer. its better.

• Be a nice, honest guy. Just be yourself and any girl that is worth you time will see that and love that. She will be the girl that is sick of the players and all the guys out there just jerking her along. She will see you for the nice guy you are and will fall head over heels for you. You just haven't met the right one yet. When you do, it will all fall into place and work.

Keep your hat in the ring, stay in the game and keep your chin up! Your lady is out there somewhere :)

• 1. Don't tell him to be "nice" that's probably where he's going wrong. "Nice"=pushover and not fun

2. Summing this up, you're saying he should just wait for something to fall on his lap once they've had fun? That's not fair and he does not deserve that. He needs to be more aggressive and not care as much about results

• First of all I agree with you that you do get tired of the dating game, there are just so much one can take. When I was dating I couldn't wait to find a relationship so that I could stop dating because after each relationship ended I always ended up moping around feeling sorry for myself.

I think though that you have to go dating with this kind of mentality:

1. No one is perfect therefore you might have lower your standards or agree to disagree on SoME minor things

2. you have to compromise on things you guys don't see eye to eye (religion, politics, activities, movies, books, other interests)

3. to get back up from being brought down you have to always have hope

4. you need friends to pick you up some times when a fail relationship happens

5. don't put TOO much effort in the relationship at the beginning! take it slower...feel it out before going too far.

• I know how you feel. I've been getting rejected a lot lately and it's so defeating. I keep thinking of ways to meet people and get myself out of this funk but no matter what there's the thought in the back of my mind that I just won't be good enough. Hang in there.

What Guys Said 7

• Well, don't search for it but don't shut yourself off either. I've had a dry spell for 3 years and it gets lonely at times but there's really no rush. When you meet the right girl, go for it and try your best to make it last.

• man get over that sh*t. go be productive or something instead of whining. and a cliche but its true you will find someone when you are not even looking. and it always happenes when are busy as f*** with other stuff.

• trying to be this prototype person that all women like.

Thats your first problem

most importantly tying to get a girlfriend

2nd problem

• Yeah, I think we've all been there. I'm kind of in a dry spell myself. Take some time off and recollect yourself. Maybe start working out. Focus on school. Go and enjoy hobbies. Time will heal your wounds. Remember, why do we fall? So we can pick ourselves up again.

• yeah why not, I've considered

• Give this man the best answer alltheabove1212 finally someone besides me, who thinks and feels the same way I do.

• They are not worth it... Loss of energy and cash the you can use on others or yourself