Would you be willing to date a guy that would work with you on your weight?

This is mainly towards the girls that are completely unsatisfied with their weight or just plain overweight. How would you feel about that?

I wasn't necessarily trying to conceive the Idea of changing the person because you didn't like the way they were (According to the faceless anonymous user that's blocked me.) but more so I was just assuming that most people overweight aren't satisfied with themselves. If you are then that's fine.
It would be nice if you could unblock me so that way I could comment instead so I wouldn't annoy people with these pointless updates. But yes I completely agree with your saying.

Most Helpful Girl

• if I was unhappy with it I wouldn't mind him being a positive motivator as long as he didn't try to act like I wasn't good enough or be condescending about it. I'm happy with my weight though so I wouldn't appreciate a guy coming in and being like "u should change this". but it would be good to have a workout buddy if that's what you mean

What Girls Said 6

• YESS. it is my dream to get a boyfriend who won't tell me I'm skinny as **** and will actually workout with me so that I can achieve a better body. I wouldn't however, want him to call me out on being fat, but if I brought it up, it would be nice to get some constructive tips

• Well some women actually would love nothing more than a man that will accept them as they are if they are indeed Overweight, but at the same time they genuinely want a man that is willing to be there for her as she attempts to reach her weight loss goal!

Whether it be 20lbs, or 30lbs. I think that's AWESOME for a man to be encouraging of that. If she wants to improve her BMI , and the guy thinks that she's an awesome gal and that he wouldn't mind her wanting to lose some pounds[ AND becoming even more HOT!... What guy that has a Girlfriend that's overweight but still see her as being HOT N SEXY with her extra pounds would not want to help her reach her goal of losing some more pounds and becoming even more of a GODDESS! ] , WHY WOULD SHE HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THAT?

IT's called ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT!

and depends on the situation, bcoz as you see from the comments some women are TOTALLY OFFENDED ABOUT IT! ..

DEPENDS ON THE WOMAN AND WHAT ARE HER VIEWS ABOUT HER BODY, IF SHE'S UNHAPPY WITH HER WEIGHT AND MENTIONS THAT SHE WANTS TO LOSE WEIGHT THEN HELP HER, ENCOURAGE HER, SUPPORT HER. BUT IF SHE'S OVERWEIGHT AND HAPPY AND NOT INTERESTED IN EVER LOSING WEIGHT...THEN IT WONT WORK OUT.

• Yep.

• Yes, of course. That would be terrific!

Am I suppose to be mad that he wants to help out? Haha

• Idk, you have some fat girls out there who say your trying to change me and I don't like that :/

• Oh, well.. They want you to love them for the way their body is already but frankly, it doesn't hurt to improve on it either.. I'm sure they are aware of that..

I mean, do they ask for help on their weight? If not, I can understand why they say that.

• The QA said, "I was just assuming that most people overweight aren't satisfied with themselves. If you are then that's fine."

First, you made an assumption and we all know about assumptions.

Second, I'm not fat. I just don't feel like anyone should try to change someone into something else. If you like someone, you like them. If you want to change them then it's not really them you like. And yes, attempting to change someone's weight is changing them.

You wouldn't want a girl to meet you, agree to go out with you, and then on the date, say, "You're teeth could use some work. Can I help you get braces or veneers because I assume you MUST be unhappy with the way you look," would you? It's the same concept.

• Just like guys don't want a girl to try to change them or "fix" them, I don't want a guy who sees me as a "fixer-upper" project. If he's interested in me, it should be for how and who I am, not the way he wants me to be. Also, if I'm unhappy about my weight, I'll change it myself. I would immediately stop seeing someone if he said he could "help" me with my weight.

• Agreed, experience teaches me that those are the types of women that I should avoid. They always tell me I should change some aspect of myself (usually something physical/superficial), and can't seem to comprehend that I can easily find a woman who has no issue with this perceived flaw. Why would I bother with someone who is unhappy with who I am?

• I agree. I don't want some girl trying to change me so why would I try to change someone else? If I like her enough to ask her out in the first place then it's her I like. Someone who wants to make changes in someone else is really unhappy with themselves.

What Guys Said 0