Is texting another guy/girl considered cheating?

I have a boyfriend and I also have a best guy friend we stay up late texting each other but nothing romantic or anything like that, do you consider that cheating?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't say its cheating, but it might be a grey area. As long as you aren't using him for emotional support that your boyfriend is NOT giving you, then I don't see the problem with it per se. My only concern is that if you feel you have to talk with this male friend instead of your boyfriend, it would mean that your current communication with your boyfriend needs help. Are you on the best of terms with your boyfriend? Also, are you sharing things with the male friend that you aren't your boyfriend? If so, what are you sharing and why?

What Guys Said 2

• Its certainly questionable and I think if you're asking that question you're moving in the wrong direction if you don't want to cheat

• Men cannot text other women when in a relationship unless business or blood relatives...women on the other hand can text men unless actual cheating is going on...double standard but men are more prone to cheating

What Girls Said 10

• Absolutely not. You have the right to be friends with and talk to whoever as late as you want. As long as you're completely sure that there's nothing romantic involved, then it's not cheating. But make sure you're not using that friend to supplement some emotional support that you're lacking in your current relationship.

• No it's not cheating but you are emotionally invested in someone who isn't your boyfriend. I could completely understand why he might be/become uncomfortable with it.

It's not cheating to talk/text someone else but it's a bit weird if you two are staying up late to text each other...that's not really something that friends do unless there is a problem with one of them.

• No, of course not. o___O That's called having friends and not letting your relationship eclipse all the other things in your life.

• haha at the guy vs girl answers here.

• Since you said nothing romantic in the conversation,I don't think its cheating.You are just being close with him as a normal male friend,not more than that.

• Hahahah no. Your boyfriend might assume otherwise, but no it isn't cheating. Especially if it's not getting flirty.

• No.

• No. Only if you are sending flirty texts

• not unless it is sexting

• not at all. you're still allowed to have guys friends when you have a boyfriend.