Guys or Girls: Who is more qualified to give out dating advice?

Which gender is better situated to be more realistic and give out solid dating advice on the other gender? Is it guys, or is it girls? Vote in the poll and state your reasons as to why you believe you should, in general, follow the dating advice of men over women, or vice versa. Lets hear your arguments!

• Guys are better
  • Girls are better
  • They are both equally bad
  • They are both equally good
  • Give me the bacon!

Most Helpful Girl

• Gymstatus is that you? You always have poll questions with bacon included in it.

• Lol, no its not me, but I stole the idea. He gets credit for it. :)

• Bacaon is just too good to pass up, sorry.

• yeah bacon is really good :0

What Girls Said 9

• if I want to understand a guy, obviously I go ask a guy. I'm a female and I do think that females are bad at analysing because most of the time, they will be thinking too much. And girls don't tend to fully listen, they can't wait to speak their own mind.

• I think both genders have their strong and weak points when it comes to giving dating advice. Girls are more vocal and can be better at expressing themselves, and are more inclined to try to understand emotional nuances. But guys are often franker and less likely to beat around the bush.

• D. and C.

They are equal.

It depends on how much experience you had and what type of person you are.

• I think gender matters and I guess experience doesn't matter that much either because these two girls (one is a friend and the other is an aquauantance) always ask me for dating advice and apparently I know a lot about relationships even though I have never really been in one but yeah it doesn't really matter that much.

• haha, it depends on the experiences someone has been through in my opinion.

• It depends on the situation.

• It depends on the situation, but generally bacon.

• I think guys are better, but both genders are necessary

• I say guys because they are more upfront and honest in their opinions/advice. Based on the fact that magazines like Cosmo exist (written for women BY women, spreading bullsh*t about "what men like" etc. most of that crap isn't even true).

Women would be best off reading magazines with male contributors, and most importantly a male editor. It would probably be more insightful than Cosmo or Glamour

What Guys Said 7

• Generally In the initial stages I would say guys because we are usually the suitors. courting girls, asking them out and then trying to impress them and get them more interested in you and the idea of the two of us together. Once people are and item they are both equally qualified because they both obviously like each other abd will do whatever they deem necessary to keep the spark and interest alive. They will both also have highs and lows in the relationship that should help each other become better and more knowledgeable people so if the relationship does or doesn't work they will be both able to give out decent advice.

• In terms of just regular average joes/janes when it comes to asking for dating advice, probably guys IMO, because they tell it like how it is, and they don't beat around the bush. And girls our age say they want something in a guy, but the less mature ones contradict themselves in want they say want in a partner, because they just haven't figured out their life yet. But girls have their own unique perspectives.

Also I feel like many girls just over analyze too much, especially when they're talking about a guy there are interested in with their gfs--and they notice some kind of flaw or suspicious behavior.. Her gfs may automatically assume he's up to no good, and tell her to stay away from him.

When it comes to dating advice from experts, I'm sure they can be both good.

• they are both equally bad, only people who are succesful know how to give good advice it doesn't matter wheter they have are a woman or man.

• Most of them (male and female) are no position to be giving dating advice most can't keep their own relationships in order

• Depends on the situation. I think women give better advice on woman...men better advice on men.

• ill go for bacon

• I think guys are better at giving advice about what girls like/want. They actually have to date and impress them. Some of the advice girls give isn't that great. As for girls advice about guys, I don't really know. I haven't really analyzed it. The anony girl did mention magazines and their various lists, and the ones that I have heard about sound stupid. However, I don't frequently pay attention to what they say, so I have no idea about the percentage of crap articles versus good ones.