When you meet a girl online, what do you do first? ask for her phone number or ask her out on a date first?

Specifically, Online Dating, or Facebook, or any Social Networking Site, I know many of you people are going to say it's better the old-fashioned way, by meeting people in person, going out, but still, what if I do get along with a girl that I first meet online, what is the proper way of initiating? get her phone number first or ask her out on a date first? There is this one girl I'm currently talking to, I got her phone number first on a dating site, so I'm not sure if I screwed this up or not, we haven't spoken on the phone yet, just texted each other so far, I did say to her, I was blatantly honest, and forward with her online saying "I would like to get to know you more", I actually said what was on my mind, but I'm not sure if she just see's me as a friend or more than a friend. I know it's probably way too early to say, to predict what is going to happen.

Also, how often should I be calling or texting her? I don't want to sound, appear desperate, needy, clingy to her. Also, if we have just been texting so far, but have not spoken on the phone yet, despite the fact I've called her, should I be suspicious? do you think she could have been just teasing, leading me on the whole time? just for attention?

Most Helpful Girl

• When you called did you speak to her ? Don't fall in the habit of just text ting its long and in a phone call you can say so much more if you think she may have a problem with calling her just one night ask her is she busy or in the middle of anything if she says no say if its OK if you call her in 10mins and see what she says

• i've called her already but she did not answer, did not bother to call me back, but she did return my texts

What Girls Said 4

• i would say ask for her number to talk for a bit on the phone she may feel more comfortabke meeting you after that

• The thing about "on-line" dating. You never know. keep it simple, meet for coffee (no pressure), if you do meet, choose a public place.. Ask her what she's looking for, so your not guessing---I'm curious, why haven't you called her.

• i have called her, she hasn't answered, but she has responded to my texts though

• oh, how long have you had her number? If it's been awhile. I'd say move on, but that just my opinion.

• i have had her number since March 8th of this year, so almost a week now, today is March 14th

• Definetley get her number first

• i would say phone number first

What Guys Said 1

• i'd say phone number, but as for the update you put, yes I would be suspicious, in that situation, or just whenever you get a girl's phone number, or the first date, never get your hopes up too high