Is it just me or does online dating really suck?

seems like you meet someone and they just up and disappear. And it seems like the ugly guys have the highest standards. Weird!

or the vast majority of men are just looking for one night stands

Most Helpful Guy

• Internet dating is hard.

People are constant flakes.

And the ones that you get to meet in person have some sort of psychological issue. (Bipolar, Bulimic, Schizophrenic etc.)

Most of the time they don't look anything like their pictures, or it was some picture taken years ago.

You can read between the likes in profiles, some just make me skip their profile all together.

First I read the tone. If she sounds angry then she's immediately dismissed.

Like the phase, "If you message me with...(yada yada yada)"=yes I understand guys are hitting you up for one nights, yes you are angry, but your angry is scaring away the good guys that are looking for your too. Keep it to yourself.

Or the "If you want to talk to me, this is one I'm looking for,...YOU= Professional career, nice car, etc, etc" Now even though I have those things, it just shows how demanding and high maintenance you are going to be.

Basically any profile that comes at you in the defensive. Yes you are going to have to work hard to weed out the loathsomes, but you want your profile to be welcoming. I mean,...keep your profile on how you would talk to your man that you love? Is that how you would talk to him?

• i am talking about after a few dates...obviously my "angry" profile is getting replies...but the dates go nowhere. 99% are looking for sex,

• hes write get rid of the angry profile asap... your not going anywhere with it.

What Guys Said 7

• I dunno. I'm engaged to a women I've been going out with for 2 1/2 years that I met on a dating site. But of course, as you might imagine, my standards were very high! ; - )

• I've never tried it and probably never will, if I come to a point where I'm not happy whether I'm single or not then I'll just go to social events and try and meet people and form relationships. I always thought people online were very clingy, although it's not everyone, but for the most part its true

• Well it usually sucks more for guys... unequal number of girls to guys, I pretty much have to weed out every girl on the site half the time because there's usually something clearly, really wrong with each of them. And trust me its the same with girls, the uglier the higher standards too.

• i had problem getting women online but they never answer and what even more wack is you need pay for the site lol

• It does sucks!

• It depends on which sites you use...

Not all dating sites are the same...

• I also wish I could meet someone as well! and yeah it does stink! Love your pic!

• I agree with everything people have said.

1- Most people don't look like they do in their pictures. Ask for a recent, full body picture.

2- Although you moan that men mostly want one night stands, a lot of the girls are exactly the same. But they'll have a profile up saying that they want a relationship. I've had girls with profiles telling 'perverts" and guys who "only want one thing" talking dirty, telling me all about their sexual fantasies and agreeing to meet up for sex. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting that, but what I don't like is the fact that often those kinds of girls are only like that with guys they really fancy (not bragging - I have a very good body), yet they'll tell less attractive guys that they're "not that kind of girl", let the guys take them on lots of dates (and make him pay), and string him along. They're full of sh*t.

3- There are a lot of weird, strange people online, I had to change my number once because a girl wouldn't stop ringing and texting after I'd made it clear that I wasn't interested. I also told another girl that was pretty much stalking me that I was secretly gay - did the trick.

What Girls Said 5

• Haha, I can agree with the last part! I was on one for awhile and had gotten so many messages... I luckily never once had to reach out to someone first but the guy I am with now first contacted me. (And it is going very well! We've been exclusive for over a month now.) Just stick it out and laugh off all of the strange men... they are what make it interesting! ^.^

• haha well online daiting is known to be lame..BUT I met my love online :) I never thought I would..but I did and its the best thing that happened :) so don't give up

• join beautiful people Dot com they filter out all the ugliness :)

• I'm pretty sure it sucks

• It sure does. I've also had problems with people disappearing and ignoring my emails.