Should I let him spend all of this money on me?

I started talking to this guy about a week ago. We've only hung out twice and he's spent close to $300 on me on entertainment activities. He insists that I shouldn't pay for myself I'm with him. He's really sweet. I feel bad though. I'm not a gold digger at all so I get a bit uncomfortable with it. We're in college and only 19 so I'm not sure if I should let him do this for me?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Should I let him spend all of this money on me?

To me as long as it's not illegal or hurts children/animals there's no should or shouldn't and it depends on your wants.

2. We're in college and only 19 so I'm not sure if I should let him do this for me?

If you're uncomfortable with it probably best suited to tell him that you want to pay for yourself and that you want to scale back on the expenses.

Also probably best suited to not let a guy pay for you as most guys tend to think spending money on you means they are buying you and you owe them sex.

What Guys Said 8

• Most guys don't mind spending money on a women (if they are a classy guy that is). I personally get personal satisfaction out of doing things or spending money on a girl and giving her joy. However, I always think its a classy move on a girls part when she at least offers to pay for something or even everyone once and a while offers to take me out and pay for things or says drinks are on her that night.

Maybe once every couple weeks, you say you're going to take him out to dinner that night, and you pay for the meal. Or if he takes you out to dinner and pays, when you go see a move after, tell him, you got dinner, so I'll guy the tickets. Little things like that, make you feel better, saves him a bit of cash, and makes you look like a classy women who isn't a gold digger.

• Try planning something for you two to do together and pay for him. Like get 2 tickets to something or buy a bottle of wine to drink together or something

• YES MONEY MATTERS! Women should pay for NOTHING!

• i hate it when guys say that -.-

• Yeah because women aren't people... they're angelic goddesses made of light from a heavenly world that is not known or reachable by man. lol

• Women have the power and should use it...If a man can't spend money on a woman,the woman should go to a man with more money!

• tell him that you feel uncomfortable when he spend lots of money on you or something that he will understand what you wanted to tell him.

• He is throwing away money lol!

You should stop him and tell him no need to spend that much on you. Also you can pay for stuff too. Or you can both find some free stuff to do like play in a park or jogging ect. Star gaze..etc.

• Yeah you should cause he's rich and you must use advantages of being a girl on rich men :D

• lmao ^^ this guy is funny, but completely wrong! lol laugh at him, but don't listen! =)

• Hah ha OK angelwith,you don't have to listen me ;)

• Tell him that this behavior of him bothers you..You feel very uncomfortable with it..

• Saying you aren't a gold digger and having an avatar of a woman in a wedding dress is rather confusing. Seems like you are just saying that you have a problem with it just to prove a point. Like married women who whisper softly "No" when they are cheating on their spouses. You are trying to justify receiving the money yet trying to retain the moral highground.

What Girls Said 7

• $300? Um unless the guy and I were married, no matter how long we were together.. I would feel awkward that he spent that much on me! I'm more the type of girl to appreciate the smaller things like a post it note on something I own that says "I love you" lol that's cute and more than enough to keep a girl like me happy year round. If we go out, sure he can buy me dinner once in a while, but I'll be wanting to treat him out to things too. It's a give and take thing in a relationship, you both have to compromise it out.

• If he wants to why not? That's his choice to spend money on you. Not all guys are the same, there are some guys with enough disposable income that $300 is like $30 to them so it's not a big deal. there are some traditionally raised guys who believe it's their role to provide (pay) for a woman they're with so they see nothing wrong with it. If that's the way this guy is and you're not twisting his arm then drop the guilt. Just don't feel you owe him anything or feel uncomfortable. it is his choice.

• Just speak up or insist on paying once in awhile. Say you set up a date and tell him that YOU'RE paying.

I had this issue with an ex. It was a sweet gesture on his part, but I didn't think it was necessary to go crazy spending money on me. I finally got a few chances where we were some place where they took cash only and I jumped all over that :p

If you're going out to eat, maybe snag the server when this guy is away and tell the server to hand you the check at the end of the meal. Or insist on at least taking care of the server's tip. Get creative. :p

• I've been in this position before. I actually spoke to him about it. I know he's the kind of guy who first tries to display affection in a monetary manner, so I let him spend a little, but I ended up telling him that our dates were going to be cheap. We went out to tea, had a picnic in the park, went to the Met. You really just have to talk to him.

• If you're uncomfortable with it, just seriously tell him. I would be extremely uncomfortable with someone spending that much money on me in such a short period of time. I hardly earn enough money to support myself, so I just don't want someone else spending a lot of money on me.

• personally I wouldn`t let him pay so much. dinner or a cinema ticket or something like this would be okay but 300$ is quite a lot for college students. for me it sounds like he really tries to impress you and like he doesn`t often get girls and is a bit desperate...

• If you are uncomfortable then maybe you should tell him

and maybe you can do something nice for him like treating him to something or if he likes home cooked meals then cooking something for him .

Tell him to go dutch instead of paying for the whole meal or to let you treat him once in a while