Is it true that a lot of signs that indicates interests could also mean disinterest?

I'm referring to this here: Usually, if we like s.o. we tend to make eye contact. But if you really like s.o. it could happen that you avoid having eye contact with this person, because you don't want to seem too available. Especially girls who don't want to be too vulnerable.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, not exactly, but a lot of times a person who we think is interested in us is really only acting out of politeness or good manners. For example, if a guy gives me his seat one time, I can't really assume that he is flirting with me. If he makes a big production out of holding the doors open for me, shakes my hand three or four times in one meeting, etc., then I assume that he's either attracted to me or just a little socially awkward.

• Regarding your update: That sounds like game-playing to me. If you don't want to seem vulnerable, you maintain an aloof level of eye contact. Confident girls will look you right in the eye, whether they like you or not. If they reject you, eye contact and body position will shift away from you.

• the the eye contact - dilemmais true then? I mean lack of eye contact wouldn't necessary mean lack of interest - lack of eye contact would mean in a lot of cases a sign of interest then?

• Well, complete lack of eye contact is a clear lack of interest. If she looks up at you, looks down as though she's embarrassed, then looks back up at you, then she's interested (but shy or feeling awkward).

What Girls Said 2

• personally after a few eye contacts at first ( like maybe 3-5) I stop making eye contact with the guy and start avoiding his eyes not because I am not interested anymore but because I think he's not interested in me that's why he didn't approach me after the eye contact... and I don't want to come off as too aggressive by forcing eye contact with him when I'm not even sure if he likes me.

• its really complcated cause I've found that people can be interested in you but afraid to talk to you in person but then they will text you alot. so it's difficult

What Guys Said 0