Is it always good to call back a potential employer?

When they tell you tha they will call you is it still good to call them yourself? Or will that hurt my chances at employment?

I want them to remember me right, so calling them would be the best way to make sure of that?

When should I NOT call them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you should call them. Apparently you're supposed to call them so much to the point of annoyance. Why someone would want that who knows, but that's what I've been told. They probably won't call you back so it's best you call. One potential boss of mine told me he always calls people back and that he would call me. Never did. So yes, call.

What Girls Said 1

• I like to put in my cover letter saying that I will follow up in one week to make sure they got my resume.

I would call or email within one week to let them know you are serious about wanting the position and to see if they have anything developing they would like you to know.

If you like my answer, please choose it for best answer and follow me on twitter!

link

Love,

Dina

What Guys Said 4

• I think it is as it shows you're interested in the position and are proactive. Give it about 5 days after the interview-the equivalent of a business week-and then follow-up by asking how they are progressing with your application, if they have considered you etc. and basically sell yourself to them again stressing how proactive and positive you are and that you're enthusiastic about the position and contributing to the company (lies I know but then we all have to do that to get ahead ;) )

• I would call them (HR), telling them that you are following up on the job interview you had on "X" date & time.

Ask if they know about your status or if you need to keep looking for employment.

Good Luck !

• It depends on the job. If it's the sort of company where there was a HR department dealing with your application and not just a McJob, know what I mean?

• ya, you should call them back and show you are really interested.