Is it bad that I don't really like kissing because of an ex's habit?

my ex boyfriend smokes and my first kiss was with him. I kissed him twice and then I tried to avoid kissing him and when I did kiss him it felt weird. now one of my best guy friends likes me and he loves kissing and I really like him but I won't date him Because I don't wanna kiss him...

Most Helpful Guy

• You're going to want to date someone again, and that will most likely come with kissing. Talk to your guy friend about your bad experience before and maybe start with things like kisses on the cheek or forehead with only an occasional kiss on the lips. That might make the transition easier for you. Best of luck getting over the smoker's curse!

What Guys Said 1

• Ummm stop comparing your ex to anyone else. This will create expectations that are false and lead to dispointment or in this case reluctance. Learn to appreciate the person you are actually with and not think about your ex and memories. He might be an amazing kisser... you won't know unless you give him a shot (think about it, you gave your ex a shot, what if your ex wasn't a smoker?)

What Girls Said 1

• You have to realize your bad experience was due to your ex. This current boy is someone else, and not him. At least give him a chance.