Is it normal to not be ready for a relationship?

I am 19 and never had a boyfriend.

And if a guy really wanted a relationship with me, I wouldn't be ready.

Is this normal at that age? Everyone around me has had relationships and I feel kinda weird...

So, what's your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• perfectly normal.

a rabbit can have sex and is ready for it very early - it takes more than that to be ready for a relationship

it is very wise of you to wait.

you'll know when is the right time because it will be like a tsunami and no use whatsoever fort yourself or anyone to stand in its way

• Its fine, though I wonder what you mean by 'relationship'. I know things have changed since I was single (over a decade ago), but there's a continuum between 'super close couple that might be together years' and 'someone I hooked up with'. It seems to me - and this may not apply to you - that some people today are pushing 'fwb' up to everything below a really serious commitment. Most people aren't that READY for a really serious commitment, until they're in a more casual but open ended (in terms of where it might lead) relationship that becomes serious. If you're doing FWB, there's often a cap on where it might go.

So my question might be 'are you ready to have a sort of casual relationship that's more then fwb'?

• I'm the same way.

I'm 21, never been kissed or had a girlfriend.

I don't feel like I'm ready to have girlfriend. I want to 'complete' my self before I go out looking for someone.

I believe that I should be complete before looking for someone and that people shouldn't look for others to complete themselves. (Because what are you going to do when they leave?)

• I mean it's a bit odd now yes, seeing how most teenagers lose their virginity at a younger age but, were all ready to date or experiment at our own paste.

• You'll be ready when you're ready. Don't stress.

Do you have any guy friends?

What Girls Said 2

• yea totally, I am 19 aswell, I want to establish my career first, before getting stuck with a guy and possibly kids. The age is getting later and later as most people have to work longer to afford a family... Lot's of people get married in their 30's! Why commit now? Just have fun, live your life.

• Yes! I'm 21 and still don't feel ready to make a commitment like to one person lik that