When a girl likes you, why won't they text you first?

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say that girls always need to make the first move, but sometimes it's nice for a girl to text the guy.

I do agree that girls deserve to be pursued but some take the idea of "playing hard to get" to the extreme. But understand that when I say "text first" I don't mean when a guy & girl first meet, I mean after they've know each other for awhile. Sure a guy can text first most of the time but why not shoot a text his way once and awhile? And when I say "once and awhile" I don't mean only once or twice every two weeks!

• Guys Always Text First
  • Equal Texting

Most Helpful Girl

• Communication is key. You can't just expect someone to know what will make you the happiest. It's your job to convey to her what you need. Tell her you'd appreciate hearing from her, it's that simple. Maybe she feels like she's 'giving you your space' and doesn't want to overwhelm you.

What Girls Said 3

• Because if we do it first, we think we're risking him telling his friends in a negative tone "This chick is texting me" and making us sound desperate. And there's nothing worse than being that girl.

• When a guy I like texts me first, I know that he thought about me for a moment or more. Shows that he actually wants to text/talk to me and he will not think I'm annoying.

• We don't want to seem clingy. IF she did text you even every couple of days, you would get annoyed. Believe me, you would. It's nothing to do with playing hard to get, it's to do with having her own life & not being annoying.

What Guys Said 1

• Cause women are self-centered a lot more often than men tbh. They feel people should cater to them. Now, not all, of course. But quite a lot -_-