About how long from dating to getting married would you wait?

If you had to breakdown dating

From how long to get to know the person to

When you start to have sex with the person.

And about how long from dating to getting married

would you wait?

And why does it have to be soo complicated?

Why can't dating be a piece of cake?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I'd take a couple months to get to know the person, then we'd go out, If I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt they were the one, I'd marry them within a year or so, as long as we'd be financially stable. Then we'd have sex to avoid complications before we were married, and so I'd know for sure that that's not why he wanted me in the first place.

What Girls Said 19

• 4|0
  • Well me and my bf have been dating for 1 and a half years and we have known each other for about 4 all together. We are waiting have sex untie after marriage. It is hard because we do struggle with not doing it because your body is telling you to. But we believe it is best to wait to have sex, kissing and living together until after marriage. So that is what we are doing but different people have different opinions. I don't believe there is a really a time you know is the right time to get married. It is not up ti us nut you and your partner. I want to wait until both of our careers have gotten going. s we dont have to be in the way of each others goals when we have been working toward them for so long. I dont plan on getting married until at least i am 22. But it could be later or it could be sooner. Make sure though that you and your partner know where each of you stand, have the same ideas about it, have trust, respect and communication and are on the same page with the whole thing. I know. Lot of people might say you need to have sex before you are married to know if you are sexually compatible. I dont believe that is true. I dont think the perfect marriage is based on whether or not you are great in bed with each other. I think you two can explore that and learn that after marriage. But again that is my opinion you have to find yours. In the end I don't believe there i calender for marriage. The calender is when you and your partner are ready and both understand each other's goals and expectations. You have to be friends before you can spend the rest of your life with them as friends.

• Personally, If I really loved the person, I'd marry after a year. I take sex seriously but I like trying the shirt on before I buy it, if you know what I mean? I like to get to really know the person while I'm dating them and if after a year we really love eachother, then oh yea, I'd husband that man lol.

• I think its wrong to get married when your too young like when I hear about 18 year olds getting maried I think it would just end up in divorce. I would think about marriage at 25 and I would not wanr kids before I get married. Love will always be complicated you have learn to be patient.

• Well relationships are hard period. Whether with family , friends and or lovers. I would say it shouldnt be a timeline for anything . If you and your partner are both ready whynot Life is short there is no need to add anymore stress by over analyzing your feelings.

• first of all you have to be in love. second you have to decide if living with that person would be comfortable and give a try for at least a year. after that have the talk about goals both of you want to accomplish and if that merits getting married after words. and most of is she the one standing at the end of the isle walking towards you when you think of your wedding day... if not... well ya know

• I would say at least a year. My kids dad and i split 6 months ago after 7 years and he married a girl recently that he's known months max.

• Sex no waiting

Dating forever

If I believed in marriage would had to be with that lover for 22 years then get married

• one year min five years max.

• i would have to say that I would wait a couple months to have sex at the most 3 months...i would be pretty sexually frustrated by this point. and I would date for 2 -5 years before getting married that way you know of every fault the other person has.

• i would date a person for at least a yr before considering marrying them

• One and a half years to two

• My mom and dad dated 1 year before they got married. They have been together 20 years know.

• so many questions, I just answer one:I will get married to the man in a year when i am dating

• I'd say about 2 years it depends on the relationship

• 2 to 5 years.

• If my boyfriend could jump on the wedding train that'd be great... lol

I met him when I was 14, started dating at 18, haven't had sex because I want to wait for marriage, and I'm 21 now and anytime he wants to get hitched is a good time for me :p

He keeps talking about 2017 being "our" year. But, just between you and me, I could have married him when I was 18 lol.

• I would date for a while before getting married. I would date from about 1-2 years before getting married just so I know that I will be compatible with my partner. Also, why rush to get married when you could end up getting divorced?

What Guys Said 8

• Depends on how long you date but if it was a year dating I'd say wait 6 months to get married and I would have sex only after we got married

• There wouldn't be a time limit if set, it's when i know she's the one an only

• Why even bother setting a timeline for marriage, what benefits does a wedding ring give

• you are anti marriage... who burned you sir

• Not burned at all sjslvs, I Just don't think marriage is a have to do thing.

• I think two years is the ideal time period

• I would wait 2 or 3 years unless the love and attraction were to intense then, earlier than that

• depends everyone is different but over a year for sure

• if dating were a piece of cake fat people would know what there doing