If your ex texts you, does that mean he probably has some residual feeling for you?

My ex texted me, it just said, "what's up? *smily face*" it was last night so don't know if he was drunk or not. Does that mean that he's still thinking about me?

I didn't reply, I don't want to give him the satisfaction of that seeing as he already broke my heart. I've moved on, but it would be somewhat satisfying to know that I'm still on his mind even though I honestly hadn't thought about him up until I saw that text this morning.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he was just wondering how you were doing... The exact same thing happened with my ex a few months ago, except I was the one who sent the text lol. I honestly just wanted to see how he was.. it felt kind of sad that we went from talking every day to not at all. He didn't answer me either, and I felt a little hurt. But I guess I understand. I don't think it means anything though.. maybe he wants to be friends.

• he said he never wanted to see me again. a few weeks ago he checked up on me on Facebook and when I told him I had a new boyfriend and I was doing well he was like, well good, I'm going to go back to not talking to you, I don't want to be friends, I was happier when we weren't talking. and then this happened last night, so I'm just trying to figure out what he's thinking. he hates me and says he never wants to hear from me again and then he texts me? wtf?

• so should I say something back?

• I wouldn't, he sounds like an ass.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I was kind of in the same situation. But I was the one who messaged him. He didn't reply. I messaged him cause I missed him. I missed how we were so close but now I feel like we are complete strangers. He obviously didn't message me back. I wish he did.