What are some things not to text a girl you like to avoid the friend zone?

I've been told not to text her "hey how's your day going?" or "hey how are you?" I don't really agree with it, but maybe girls can shed more light on the issue.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think those questions are great. It's endearing, means you care. But the issue with some girls is that they're not used to someone genuinely wanting to listen to their petty day to day things; thereby creating more of the "friend" atmosphere. But with that said its not a phrase that immediately locks you into the friend zone. overall it's a great way to start a conversation, just add some flirty aspects in to that, (how's your day going cutie, you crossed my mind. Or such and such reminded me of you) don't forget that you still want to come off like you want/desire her. Sweet is good, just remember to be a little bit more , I don't want to say chasing, but hinting towards your interest towards her.

Good luck :)

• I agree with this answer, in all aspects. I also think this question is great, and I also believe this approach is the best - talk to her normally, but be flirty too and show her you're interested! That way, she sees you can be more than just another friend to her and so she'll avoid putting you on her friendzone ! :)

What Girls Said 4

• Uuuh, I like it when people ask me how my day has been and how I'm doing. It shows you're on their mind, and there is definitely nothing about those questions that would stick you in the "friend zone." You shouldn't worry about the damn friend zone, anyway. Muting yourself is going to ruin things. Just continue to show interest, don't be overly pushy, get to know her, and when the time is right ask her out or tell her you like her. You'll only end up in the "friend zone" if she just doesn't find an attraction to you, and you can't really do much to prevent that.

• Calling her "dude" would make her think she's in the friend zone. Also being bossy would be a bug turn off as well lol.

• Me and the guy I like always ask each how each others day/night was or what they did..even if its been a couple between texts, the fact they asked shows they are thinking about u. Maybe something like " hey what's up?" ,that sounds friend like but any text to your crush is good.

• I don't agree with those either but avoid friend,buddy,

What Guys Said 2

• Don't text either one of them. Don't seem friendly. Be flirty, but not friendly.

• this is a good question I'm glad you asked because I don't know either :D