Girls- How long does it take you to think OK I want him to be my boyfriend?

It seems that when you are younger, you become the "boyfriend" after a month of dating. However, at my age it seems women are a lot more particular about when they want to have the "Talk" This is the way I see it, by 2 months of dating I am who I am and I have revealed enough about myself that we can be exclusive. One more dinner, or one more conversation isn't going to make that big of difference. If a woman has to know everything about you before designating you her boyfriend than it would take years. I have found an amazing girl here at school that I have been for about a month. I want to get her off the market asap, so other guys don't realize how great she is I see a lot of posts about women can't get men to commit, well I would commit to being her boyfriend. It's not like I'm asking her to marry me. It would just be nice to have the boyfriend designation so we can both relax.

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends. Around 2 months sounds like a good time to me though. I've never been the first to bring it up though because guys are usually the commitment phobic ones. Try bringing it up soon and see what happens. it doesn't have to be some huge deal, just tell her you'd like to be exclusive and ask how she feels.

What Girls Said 6

• Around 2 weeks

• I'm sorry, but I cannot give you a straight answer. It really depends on the guy and that particular relationship.

• 2 weeks to come to a decision that I want to be with him and if he wants to wait, that's fine.

• Six months maybe... the more I like him the longer I make him wait to my boyfriend.

• it truly depends. I've seen a 16year old couple who just got official after 2years of dating and me and my boyfriend got official after 1month

*and I was almost on my 24

• Why don't you try ask here about it?

• Well I would, but I've read online that if you ask a girl too early sometimes it can blow up in your face. Especially at our age of 25 and I'm a master's graduate and she is a phd student so I think she has a lot on her mind about including me in her life as a boyfriend. Because there is going to have to be sometime after July that we are apart for a little bit. So I think it's a lot for her to consider.

What Guys Said 0