Should I take his advice on women seriously?

My friend is one of those guys that hits the gym a lot and is always at bars and clubs trying to get with different women. He's into the pick-up artist stuff. I asked him for some advice about how I can approach women in a way that won't make them feel uncomfortable. I was a bit surprised with his advice and somewhat irritated. He responded:

"Can I ask you a serious question? Don't want you to get offended or act insulted. But have you ever thought that you may mildly have aspergers? All I'm telling you is need to know your place. You don't got game mate, so start low, and maybe work your way up, you can't enter this game as a top player. No matter how tall, confident or good looking you are. "

His follow up advice haha

"You are not a very friendly looking guy, because of the serious expression you have, so when you approach a woman she immediately looks at you in a sexual manner and not as a friend. At that point you are either put on the list of "threat" or "Id possibly f*** that guy". Use that to your advantage. "

Most Helpful Guy

• He's right, you gotta start small and build your game. I don't know about the aspergers comment though.

• Thanks Moloch, you're like a voice of demonic clarity I can find in times of need, a light unto my path. Still I find it rather disturbing that you posted in this thread so shortly after drums were mentioned heh

• No doubt.

What Girls Said 6

• Lol I saw a guy at the gym today who was major douche alert, checkin himself in the mirror and all that and let me tell you... your buddy, if he is as a**holey as that comment is just overcompensating for his lack of skills. Just don't talk to him, its rude and stupid to say that to someone.

• With the exception of the Aspergers part it sounded like he was mildly hitting on you lol, tall, confident and good looking. hmmm maybe your friend feels insecure that you are have these qualities and he might not.

• Ok that guy is an A** HOLE...period! Do not listen to a thing he says...he is not interested in finding a potential relationship...he is looking to score and will do what ever and say what ever he needs to in order to do it...

• so what, he can choose to not listen to you either, you're not even helping him.

• What ever...yes he can choose what ever he wants...it is MY answer and MY thoughts...I am entitled to them ...so take a chill pill!

• At least he was being straight forward with you and not sugarcoating things.

He is right...never try to be someone you're not...because girls can pick up on it in an instant.

If you can talk to a girl...you can easily win her over. Some guys have that talent more than others do.

• Maybe but I live in a foreign country where English is not the native language. So any communication problems are likely to be blamed on language barrier. Seems many female posters disagree with you ;P

• I don't know. He is right that I am taller than average and have a decent career. Being financially and otherwise well-endowed I feel I shouldn't have much of a problem

• Of course those things you mentioned are a plus, but girls love a guy with a great personality. You have to let that shine through and know how to speak to women.

• Don't listen to the sh*t he is saying. Looks like he only needs to be in the game to boost his ego and make him feel good. It really depends what you want. I feel that man who likes playing game will end up having a problem of finding the right mate. He will be alone when the game ends.

• I think that is rude to say and the fact that A you are offended by this and B you still talk to this guy probably means you don't have mild aspergers. Also, no you should not start low and work your way up. Instead maybe you should try being more comfortable around the kinds of people you would like to date. If you are extremely introverted and I don't know if you are, sometimes those people seem to have mild aspergers, but they are just really introverted and thus misunderstood by some, mostly extroverts.

What Guys Said 3

• Lol, no.

Theres a guy in the local music scene around here. He's sort of shy, walks with his head down, looks at his shoes, you know. Doesn't talk to people, doesn't approach people, nothing. He plays his drums, he's a drummer, in a band. He's alright, he's an alright drummer. Doesn't look up while he's on stage. Doesn't really talk at all. He might be a little bit awkward, I don't know, I've never spoken to him.

He has a club of 15 girls who SCREAM over him, like he's a famous rockstar, and assault him; bend to his every sexual whim, I'm certain. Fifteen f***ing groupies, that ****. Does that f***er have game? Jesus, man. Get outta here, with your game.

• Well yeah but he has status, which is different.

• No he doesn't have status, he's a drummer. Do you know what that means? You're LAUGHED at, for being a drummer, in our music scene. You're actually RIDICULED. It's UNCOOL, to play drums. BASS GUITAR is considered sexier than drums. You're the ass-end of a band, the unfortunate necessity - and anyway, he played in a metal band.There's no status in metal, unless you're like, Napalm Death, or something. Local metal bands are snuffed at. This guy has nothing going for him

• he's right dude, but don't worry you'll get there in no time. by the way dating a girl isn't all that it's cracked up to be by some many people.

• Sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

It's true you can't enter the big leagues from the start, and he seems to know what to do about your overly serious expression.