He'll never text first... Disinterested?

Theres this guy I'm not dating who always stares at me, jokes around playfully with me, likes to get me alone to talk, and my gut feeling says he likes me, but he never texts me first. He responds quickly when I text him but the fact he makes no effort to text me out of the blue is discouraging. But I feel like if he didn't like me at all he just wouldn't reply. How does a man think?

Most Helpful Guy

• FYI: It's okay to text the guy first. We actually like it.

What Guys Said 6

• It's possible (and I know because I'm this way) that he doesn't contact you when he doesn't have anything to talk about. I mean, in person he would be talkative, sure, but he won't feel the need to contact you when you're not around unless it's about something important because that just isn't his nature. That's the way I am, anyway. I'm not the type of person who calls saying "Just thinking of you!" Not a fan of small talk.

• I never text first for the same reason I was annoyed when I called her first after a week of no call back. She didn't answer. It sucks and makes me start wondering if were not friends or if she doesn't care anymore. So I don't text because it sucks less when I'm not sure I'm being ignored. Now that I know I'm being ignored it sucks a lot. Hence why I never text first. Your spot on probably don't take it to heart. Some guys don't care if they don't get a text back, it's just a text, or a call. Confidence and all that. Some guys do care, They care because they care about the person.

• Edit: She said she was gonna call me, It wasn't a Call back. My mistake. She said she was gonna call me but a week later and no call so I called her first. Then the rest as follows.

• If he's doing quick short texts, he's either busy/driving or..he's just not a big texter. There are rules when it comes to texting, you can follow them if you'd like but..they do exist. Texting was originally meant for the hearing-impaired but caught on with the general population and is now taken way too seriously. People have broken up via text, been asked out via text and people will often even say, text me, rather than "call me", as opposed to the old days. Texting really SHOULD be for just saying "hey, want to go out, meet me at 8 pm" but it's turned into "hey, what's up, nothing, you?". Try not to let that happen...otherwise, you'll get friend zoned and both women and men HATE that!. If you have any other questions about texting, I'd be glad to answer them, just add me :)

• He's interested in you while you're around, but obviously there are other people who rank higher on his text priority list.

• You tried texting him first!Now don't text him fake him that you have a life and people around you!He'll be curious and will definitely message you first but this only for guys who usually don't have girl friends or so!

• Not texting first isn't rude. There's a billion people out there you don't text every day.

But not replying to a text, is rude (if it warrents a reply)

It's got nothing to do with liking you or not liking you.

• If this guy likes her as much as she thinks he does, than yeah, there is something wrong with the fact that he's not texting first.

• If he liked her as much as she thinks, he'd have asked her out by now.

They aren't even dating.

What Girls Said 2

• No offense, but honestly, maybe you're not giving him very much to be excited about. I know that if you're not presenting yourself in a way that is enticing, a lot of guys will get bored and not want to make the first move with you. Or if he always makes the first move, he's probably annoyed with you sitting around not doing anything waiting for him to do all the work

• Wow... projecting much?

• Well what you said was kinda true! If a guy finds you way too innocent & knows that you are not one of those girls then, he ain't gon wanna deal with cha! lol it's sad though.

• Purplelove010, yeah, it may not even be about innocence. It could be something else

• He might have a girlfriend on the side.