I'm feeling confused about this girl I just started talking with.

I met her about a month ago. I got her phone number recently and we've been texting back and forth a lot. We are currently making arrangements for our first date.

The problem is for some reason, I'm already having doubts about this. We are of different religious beliefs (I'm Catholic, she's Episcopalian, we each practice very faithfully) and she's a few years older than me (She's 30, I'm 24). Neither of those bother me too much, though. The only thing that really bothers me is that she smokes. That's not a deal breaker for me, but I still don't like it.

I don't know why, but I am not entirely sure about her. She hasn't said or done anything to really put me off. We are into each other, but for some reason, I don't see how this is going to work. I know this may seem a bit confusing, but I'm confused myself. Has anyone else had doubts this early on?

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah I have every time I've dated someone, never had a boyfriend as a result. do you want a serious relationship that may lead to marriage? or more of a fling? I still think you should date her once or twice.

• I'd rather have the serious relationship. Don't get me wrong, I will go out with her a few times. It just seems she's more into me than I am into her. We haven't gone on any dates yet, so yes, it's still too early to tell. Still, something's telling me it won't go very far. I dunno. I could be wrong :-/

• I will. It's just really frustrating that I can't figure out why I feel the way I do.

• like the guy said, spend some face to face time with her, that will help you clear up your feelings. sometimes the reason you feel a way is simply that's how you are.

What Girls Said 1

• Well just give it a chance! obviously you both like each other! So just see where it goes if she smokes and it doesn't completely bother you then just go for it ! Yea you both have different beliefs but that shouldn't get in the way no one is perfect so try it out and don't think too much just see where it goes good luck! Answer mine please!

What Guys Said 1

• Im confused as to why you're confused. I'm guessing something about the text messenging has started this unsure gut feeling you have... Dude... you have to STOP texting this girl!

• Why do you think it's the texting? We see each other a lot and she hasn't said anything in the texts to make me change my mind.

• That's what I'm trying to figure out. My attraction to her has been something of a roller coaster lately.

• Awwe... so you're concerned about your interest level..not necessarily hers? There has to be something she's doing or not doing that's turning you off... other than the smoking I can't help you without more info...