I'm an idiot, I know!

So I met a girl online...I didn't think she really even be interested in me. What I didn't tell her was that I recently quit/got fired from my job. She thinks I still work there, which happens to be where she also works (large company) We have never met and before I knew it we just arranged a lunch date. I just feel terrible about this. I don't know what to do and I almost feel like I can't bring myself to even go. I like her but I'm ashamed and don't want to lie. How do I go about this? Continue to play it off for a few days then pretend like something just happened?

Like, I don't want to continue to lie to her, but I don't think I can just come out and tell her I've been lying. We've only been chatting a few days though so it's not like it's the end of the world. I like her and I want to meet her, I just feel terrible about her thinking I still work there when really I don't...and god forbid she found out through someone else somehow...like I said we both work for the same large company. We may have some mutual friends I don't know about.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey.. if she has high interest level in you..and she has a good attitude..it won't bother her. she will understand how hard it is for you to tell her the truth. She will appreciate your honesty and confidence. When you tell her...be funny about it...think of a clever way to tell her..and don't act ashamed about it! I've been in your shoes before... dated a girl...who knew I was unemployeed because I quit my job! Bring it up..then change the subject to something light and funny.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 2

• Just tell her.

• Best to get it out sooner than later.