I want my boyfriend to ask me to prom?

I want him to ask me because if he doesn't I'm not gonna buy a ticket to go alone. Should I drop hints or just be patient?

I didn't want to straight up ask him because sometimes he likes to surprise me...id feel bad if I ruined that

Most Helpful Guy

• Drop hints silly

What Guys Said 3

• No hints. Just find a nice way to tell him what you want without sounding demanding.

• Get his friend to strongly suggest it to him without him (your boyfriend) knowing its coming from you.

• Ask him yourself or leave it to chance. It's as simple as that.

What Girls Said 3

• He probably already assumes that you two are going together.

I'd say be patient for the time being. If it feels like time is running out, just bring it up.

• My high school boyfriend thought he didn't need to ask me to prom, but I put the pressure on him by bringing up that I didn't have a date whenever someone talked about prom, haha.

"Well you know, nobody's asked me yet so I guess I don't have a date!"

It was a silly way to tell him that you want to be asked, too! (:

• he probably assumes you guys are going together. just be like, so what color tie are you wearing to prom?