If I ask a guy who isn't from my school to go to prom with me and he says yes, does that mean I'm paying?

We aren't bf/gf, and this isn't his prom... but then again I'm the girl.

I'm really confused. Should I tell him to pay for his own, or should I pay for half of his... or what? Help me!

It's pricey too-- $130/person.

Thanks everyone, my gut feeling was telling me that I should be paying.

He offered to pitch in, so I think I am just going to tell him that it's up to him. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Heres the deal that I've always belived..

Who ever asks pays..

If you asked him just assume you'll be paying.. Cause how would you feel if a guy asked you out and then told you you had to pay. Not cool right?

He may offer to pay. And that's ok.. But if you ask him you pay.

There is no rule that says guys are the only ones to pay and girls get everything free.. Girls who think that no matter what, the guy pays.. Usually don't keep dating the same guy.

What Guys Said 2

• Technically, you asked him, but he might offer to pay his own way. Just talk to him about it. He should be cool about it all, unless he is a jerk and then you don't want to date him anyways.

• You invited, you pay.

What Girls Said 3

• I invited a college guy to my junior prom, and fully expected to pay the whole thing. It was my prom. I did pay for the whole thing actually, but I later found he'd slipped over a hundred bucks in my car to cover it all. HUGE sweet gesture, but totally not expected nor necessary. If it's your prom, expect to pay.

• you asked, you pay, who cares if you are the girl.

• you pay