Girls, would you text a guy if he gave you his number?

Okay so before you automatically dismiss the idea, here are the details of the situation.

Suppose you're at work in a place that is not necessarily conducive to communication like being a cashier at a restaurant or something. Anyway, you and this guy you find cute keep exchanging flirtatious glances at each other, and you've also seen him in the store like twice maybe even three times already. Finally, one day he decides as he's leaving he hands you a note with his name and number on it. Would you text him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably not. There was only one situation where a guy gave me his number that I texted him first. I did so because we had already hung out the whole night before and knew I was interested, and also because he works for my family's company, and him being the one to call and initiate could potentially be risky for him (my family is very over protective).

Other than that, I find it a put off when a guy hands me his number instead of just asking for mine. It feels like the lazy man's way out. I've also been told by my guy friends that lots of guys do this so that they can easily weed out which girls would be an easy lay since she's already chasing him, and that a guy really interested in getting to know me wouldn't take the chance of not getting my contact information. Not to mention I'm really turned on by confident men willing to take the initiative and be a gentleman.

What Girls Said 5

• Sure, I'd text him...when I feel like I want to talk to him or something.

• if he offered and I accepted his number..u better believe I would be texting him

• Probably.

• yea I would text if I thought him hot

• I don't see why not, just to feel each other out you know? besides it is easier to communicate especially if one of you is shy

What Guys Said 0