Guys do you like to pay at the 1st date when you like the girl?

I always feel kinda bad when a guy pays for me at a date and I never know what to say Because I am afraid that when I at least don't make an offer to pay myself he thinks I'm greedy or something...

Sooo I got a date next week and I just don't know how to behave when it comes to that part...is a simple "thank you" enough?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I like the girl I don't mind paying. Especially on the first few dates. It just feels wrong for me to have the girl pay. However I think it shows class if she at least offers. You should offer to pay for your food and hopefully he'll just turn you down, but the gesture should make him happy. You can also say thanks and then offer to pick up the drinks the bar, or the tickets at the movie or something. Wherever you are going next.

What Guys Said 6

• I'm kind of old-school, so I prefer to pay, at least on the first date. After that, if you want to go Dutch, or alternate, that's fine. Even if you only pay like 1/3 or 1/4 of the time, that's okay too. At least I know that you're sharing the burden, and not completely taking me for granted.

And I certainly don't mind an extra hug, and maybe even a kiss, to say "thank you."

• It makes us feel good when we pay. We did our good deed for the day and made our love happy, and that's all that we need. A simple "thank you" will do, yes.

• you should offer to pay, when he refuses then thank you will be fine

• Just say thanks, I'll buy you one next time ...

• No. No guy likes to pay. We have to because you women are cheap as hell.

• If anything, women are the spendthrifts of the sexes... or so my $700 shoes tell me.

• Women aren't cheap when it comes to themselves. Just when it comes to dates. Of course with the 700 dollar shoes, how can you possibly afford splitting the bill at Morton's Steak house, right? :-P

• A thanks & smile or kiss would be greatly appreciated.

What Girls Said 0