I don't have a date for prom?

So my friends were talking about prom and they already have everything planned out. There going with our guy friends and one couple is bf/gf. Problem is, in our group of friends there's more girls then guys, and a lot of the girls have stronger relationships with the guys then me because I'm more shy and just don't care about impressing like they do. So my 'friend' was telling me how I needed to get a date for prom. I was going to go with my one guy friend but the girl he actually liked asked him instead :( so now I'm left without a date. Honestly I didn't care before, I told them I didn't need a date and could go without one. But they made me feel so bad about myself ( I don't know if they meant to) that now I'm kinda upset about not having one, I've never been that needy girl like my friends but I just don't get it. They all have dates and I don't, do guys like clingy needy girls? am I missing something?! I know they'll exclude me from the group like the did for semi-formal cause I didn't have a date for that like my close friends did. And even if they don't, the picture part will be so awkward! I don't know what to do. Is there something wrong with me? I mean I don't think I'm ugly because I get told I'm pretty a lot so I just don't get it? what is it? any advice on what to do? sorry about the long paragraph.

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are just as stressed as you about the prom. Not having a girl at the prom would mean you stand around. And try to do sh*t so you don't look awkward. But it'd be a boring time because all the other guys would be "preoccupied." So getting a guy is the easy part, just finding one that you kinda like and isn't taken... that's the hard part. Look for friends of friends here, see if your friends know of a guy who was been nosing around for a girl :P There's always someone. Otherwise, see if there's some nice guy chilling at the prom alone when you're there. You can always try to meet people there :)

What Guys Said 2

• Try to find a guy you like or someone you're comfortable with and you could ask them out or see if they have a date. Don't let your friends get you down, just because you don't have a date. Go out and have a good time, you only get this experience once.

• i went to prom by myself there's nothing wrong with it. Normally it sound as if you want to fit in as a society as well. Its good to have a date for slow songs, but heck, you will see a lot of guy standing around doing nothing. Just grab a friend and dance, that what I did and id had a blast. If you're askin me why I went to prom myself, my date was reallybsick and couldn't go...

What Girls Said 0