Why do some guys on here think this is a dating site?

I see guys adding me that always add tons of other girls. And then they will put on their profile, "looking for so and so type of girl" etc. And they message me and ask what I look like and stuff. Ask me if I'm talking to other guys, ask to see a picture of me. Wtf. There are plenty of other sites to do that on.

Most Helpful Guy

• People who use it as a dating site, it makes no sense. Uh, there are dating sites, where all the people actually live in your damn city.

Most users here have way more opposite gender 'friends'. I'd hazard a guess its because getting insights from the opposite gender is a major point of GaG. A lot of people like the perspective they get. Most of the people on my friends list I talk to started out at least as women who asked me for advice.

Now people are going to sometimes get attracted, but if you're looking to date, look for people who you can actually meet, like this week, not in a few months on a trip.

What Guys Said 2

• Girls often add me, and then ask me questions (not about me, but rather questions that they should post on this site for everyone to see). It's weird, but I don't mind.

• I don't do that, I just send pictures of my d***

What Girls Said 2

• Not sure why they do it but I've noticed that too, they find it much more accesible I suppose to use this as a dating site because it's free and tons of people use it

• I've had my account for a few hours and I'm honestly thinking about deleting it. So many creepy guys have added me and I naively accepted only to find out they didn't want to just be "friends" and I've had to remove them. I've learnt my lesson now though!

• u never put up pictures on this site if you"re a girl. That's the first rule