What do I do about my best friend liking the same guy?

I think one of my girl friends likes the same guy I like. We hung out with him the other night at a party and he seemed to be giving me way more signs of interest than her (touching my butt, resting his hand on my lower back when I would stand next to him, putting his arm around me, inviting me to come lay with him and watch a movie, inviting me to play him in singles flip-cup, etc) So far I have held off doing anything with him because I do not want to be one of those girls who chooses guys over her best friends. But yesterday I asked for his number and he gave it to me. First of all, does it sound like this guy is interested in me. Second, if he is what do I do about my friend?

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all: I would guess that they guy is interested in you!

Second: You make your own decision...but I'll tell you what me and the girls used to do back when we were in high school (actually, we still have the same attitude): unless the fella in question is so absolutely loved by one of us and an undeniable connection has developed, if my girlfriends and I "crush" after the same guy-we drop it. We always stuck together. I'll add that 10+ years later, I still have those valuable and irreplaceable friendships with my girlfriends and all those boys have come and gone.

Best thing to do is talk to your friend honestly about it. I wouldn't go forward with the guy if it would hurt her (even slightly) because it isn't worth it. Then again, she might not really care or she might be able to accept that you and him make a cute couple.

Good luck.

• Thanks! Actually my friends and I did make a "pact" the next day that there was to be no "dibs-calling" and if something were to happen between any of the girls and any of the guys we are not allowed to get mad unless the two are "talking" or dating, so hopefully that works out.

• Perfect then! Either way, as long as you girls make agree on something beforehand, then it should be all good.

What Guys Said 1

• Be honest with him and your friend. Yes, he is interested in you. But he is a guy, he might be interested in you both. Don't loose a friend over a passing crush. He is not likely to be your last boyfriend, so don't loose your best friend over him.

Good Luck,

James

What Girls Said 3

• can't really d much about it, guess he's an atractive guy. just don't lose yoru guys' friendship over a guy.

• I have been in this situation not once but twice in my life. Always chose the friendship with the girl if she is a good friend. I just had lunch with a friend that I ditched for a guy 20 years ago. I apologized & we laughed about it. But before we left, she told me that it REALLY hurt her & she was glad I apologized. By the way, I have not seen the guy in 19 years. Never ditch your good girl friends.

• talk to her about it don't ignore the situation that will only make it worst. Beware she might get really mad at you at first but explain your side. But #1 don't let a guy get in between you and your friends. That's just messed up!