Why is it?

i know guys are suppose to hold doors open for women.

But,why would a woman hold a door open for guy?

Except for the obvious he has his hands full,

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes it just gets to habit. When I am out with my friends I will open the door and hold it open for people I haven't had a beau in a while, so i'm back to taking care of myself ad not waiting for someone to do it for me, I just think it is polite, and now that there isn't anyone opening it for me I do it and don't even realize it.

So if you just friends, we have now reached a day and age where women love it when a guy is a gentleman, but we don't expect I and are independent. If it was the first date or so she could not realize she is doing it. Just be a gentleman and she will get used to you opening the door. But I know when I go out on a date it just takes a second to adjust to someone actually opening the door for me. Advice - I always think its funny, I've had a guy be like no stop don't touch the door and run over to get it, or just walk a little faster and beat her there. :)

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe she's just used to being independent and doing it for herself. My last boyfriend was quite the gentleman and it took a while for me to stop opening my car door for myself. LOL. Just keep being a gentleman and she'll catch on. But please keep doing what you're doing. We need more chilvarous guys out there. :)

• I love it when men open the door for me and other nice polite things. I love it when men are gentlemanly.

It is just that so many men aren't now-a-days and we get used to doing things for ourselves.... keep up the good work!

What Guys Said 1

• I always try to open doors for women. Women open doors all the time on their own and probably don't think it's a hard thing to do. They are probably just being nice.

You can do what I do and ask them to go back outside and reenter when I open the door for them. lol