Should I call?

So my boyfriend broke up with me a week ago. He says that I'm a perfect girlfriend but he's not ready for a serious relationship. We had the best 9 months together, did so much cool stuff, he even said he doesn't know why he feels this way since I've been so wonderful. I didn't get to see him much, so he got space from me. I want to call him so bad, I'm use to talking to him everyday just to see how his day is going, it's so hard not to call, he told me I can call him anytime, but my friends are telling me not to call then maybe he will realize what he's missing. I think I should call just to say hi, because I don't want him to forget about me, especially when I know he's out having fun. When is the best time to call, or should I just not call at all? I want him back..

Most Helpful Girl

• I am in the exact same situation as you are. But I did break down and called several times before and they always end with me feeling worse than what I did before I called. If you're like me, I would suggest not to call, since the more he talks about his life, all the cool things he had done, all the cool people he met etc., the more depressed you will feel since you are not a part of that and you used to be. Then trust me, somehow he can sense it, no matter how happy I try to sound like, and he will feel bad and awkward and then he will just associate talking to you as an uncomfortable act/moment. One of my guy friends explained to me like that. So his advice to me was to try to get over it, and only talk to him again when I'm back to my normal self, the one that my ex met and was attracted to, only then will he associate talking to me with all the way he once felt or whatever... Not sure if it will work but it seems to make sense to me so I will try to do that. It's been a month now and trust me, I found myself reaching for that phone all the time but I just try to control myself to call my girlfriend instead. Good luck...

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't call.. If he knows that you had something wonderful but he is not ready, then he needs to go out and wander around to find what he is really looking for. If he realizes that what he wants and needs is what you had, then he will come back..

• If you want to call him, call him.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't call. He wants space, and his opinion of you won't get any better if you don't give it to him.

BUT, maybe in a few months, send out a mass email of some kind (Happy whatever holiday, yadda yadda) and include him on it. It will show that your door is open, but it won't be threatening to his need to have his own time. If he's wanting to see you again, he'll reply. If not, move on.

(Remember, the key here is to WAIT a few months.)

• I would call. Don't get or keep your hopes up about getting back together - be thankful he was honest with you in the first place before it got ugly. But call and keep in touch.

• Well I think you should call him.

maybe ask him out to eat one day and start to talk.

i hope he will say yes.