Do you have to kiss on the first date?

Not make out just kiss. Went on a double date with my crush, he was joking around and dropping hints about wanting a kiss. When the date was over and he dropped me off I just said thanks and bye, then I bolted. He didn't try to (kind of glad), never really kissed so I would have been really awkward and nervous.

If a girl didn't kiss you on the first date would you think she didn't like you? The guy I was with was aware that it was my first date and I have 0 experience.

• It's preferred
  • No
  • Yes, you have to

Most Helpful Guy

• If your'e seriously over 18, and she bolted no kiss, I probably wouldn't initiate more contact. If she kept trying I might try one more time, but yeah, I'd take it as a strong sign she felt no physical chemistry.

• I'm not over 18, but I'm above the age of 15

What Guys Said 2

• No, he'd chalk it up to your beng shy and nervous. He probably had a good laugh about it with his friends.

• every date is different and if you really had no experience he likely wasn't expecting much . if he asks for a second date everything is OK if you don't hear from him . you might be best to move on and date another guy

What Girls Said 2

• I have never kissed on the first date and I've never kissed outside of a relationship. It's not because I don't like the person, it's because showing that sort of affection and being intimate is something that I don't like to give away to just anyone. I want to give myself time to develop deeper feelings for the person and get to know them first. That's just who I am, never feel like you should do things to please other people. when dating, always have 'being true to myself' at the top of your to-do list.

• I think its preferred but not mandatory lol