Is she his rebound or does he really like her?

I was with a guy for 3 years. Things were great and perfect for the first 2 years, and the third year was a little rocky because he let his friends, who don't like me, influence him. They got him into drugs and drinking constantly and kept pushing him to get over me and hook up with this other girl. He and I decided to take a while away from each other, and he told me he wanted his friend and this new girl out of his life because he blamed his friend for him and I not being together anymore and he was upset with himself for letting lf give in to things he doesn't want to. He told me that this girl gets around with guys and she's not girlfriend material and he'd never date her. He asked me last night if he could talk to me & poured his heart out to me for 3 hours straight. He told me he still loved me so much and wanted to date me and be happy with me and basically told me he wanted to marry me. he said that he was gonna go tell that girl that he was done with her because ht like her. THEN, today he tole me he wanted to talk to me. He suddenly changed his mind over night and that he thinks we need to just say goodbye for good, and that his friends had him spend a lot of time with this girl and he developed feelings for her. I told him I don't trust her and he said 'you just don't know her'. Yesterday he pretty much said he wanted to marry me and get rid of this girl...now he suddenly is completely done with me and wants to be with her. He and I were together for 3 years, completely in love, and we broke up 2 months ago. Does this sound like a rebound or does he really like her?

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be a rebound, but maybe it is not. However, you shouldn't care or at least not ought to care. It's not healthy for you to dwell on the past. It's his lost, and you need to forget about him.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't trust him. He says he doesn't like her and she isn't girlfriend material yet continues to date her... he probably still has feelings for you, but at this point right now he is just stringing you along. If he really wants to get back together, he will make it happen

• forget about him. he is treating you bad and you are too love-struck blind to see this. if he wants to go with that girl then fine. let him go. what can I say about the love of a guy whose feelings change overnight.