Have you ever dated someone in another city? state?

country?

i know I have and I wanna know what your opinion is about it and which you have done.

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend lives in New York, and I go to school in Louisiana. My parents moved to the West Coast, so I don't get to see him even when I'm home. It's really hard, especially because as a college student I don't have the time or money to see him as much as I would want to.

We keep in touch through phone calls (we talk for hours when we can), video chatting, facebook, etc. I like to send him letters and pictures and things. We're both very much in love, and we have a solid relationship to fall back on even when it's hard to be apart from each other. I only get to see him every 2 months, which is rough, but we keep the communication open (which is key).

• Thank you for besting it! it doesn't sound like you're in a long-distance relationship right now, but whatever relationship you do have, good luck!

• No problem and thank you

What Guys Said 1

• yes, my girlfriend is Canadian while I'm Australian...so all three boxes ticked for me, lol

What Girls Said 4

• Well my ex boyfriend lives in louisiana and I used to live there too but then 4 years ago I moved to mississippi and everything was good at first, like we wrote each other letters and we went pictures and we called each other and we saw each other every time I went to see him for the holidays...but then things changed and the letters stopped and the phone calls stopped and then over the summer we were talking on the computer and we just decided it wasnt going to work for us and so now we're both single but we still talk on the computer from time to time and we're still friends, so there were no hard feelings.

• yeah I have but it never works out but right now I live 7 hours away from my baby (not my son his father) and we miss each other so much and he thinks I might decide to leave him being away so long so yeah there's still doubt and we're in the same state its just the distance make it still long distance

• I started seeing someone who is in the next state over-we are about 5 hrs apart. I like him a lot so I'm going to continue seeing him and see what happens. If you really like someone it shouldn't matter where they live.

• You are so right... well I sure wish I had that type of mind last year then I would have stayed with the guy that I was madly in love with, but since I didn't I fell back in love with my ex and now I'm engaged to be married in 2 or 3 years. lol

• i understand where ur coming from. I live in pa and my cousin loves in florida and I wuz visiting for the week and I met this guy who was really nice and everything and we started dating and everything and then I had to come bak to pa. were still tlkin as friends now but we couldn't stand not seeing each other when we were dating.